We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Completely Updated Foyer! DIY

29 March 2011


Hello! My name is Tracie and I am author of cleverlyinspired! So happy to be visiting here at Remodelaholic today! I specialize in DIY projects along with crafts, recipes, trash to treasure, sewing...you name it! I love to share with my readers what I learn along the way. My background is in Photography and Communications---so writing and sharing on my blog have become like second nature to me. Please stop by and take a look at some past projects!

Here is a project we recently finished in our home. Our foyer was a bit dated and needed a breathe of fresh air...so here is the before...



And now....LOVE ;)
Here is how we went about changing things....


First thing we did was rip the carpet off the stairs....
We painted the treads a lovely deep chocolate color and the risers white.
We have a dog and 2 kids...so to prevent tumbles down the stairs we bought some fabulous sisal carpet treads online (natural area rugs.com) ! Love them!!
We set out to lighten up the woodwork by adding board and batten painted white. It really opened up the whole space!

my trim guy...super cute...I totally have a crush on him ;)

I heart power-tool lessons ;)

A fabulous new light fixture (overstock.com)


Oh I love this paint!! Light French Grey by Behr on the walls.
Some fabulous found objects at local salvage store....all this old shutter needed was a good cleaning
Reflecting Pool by Behr on the ceiling...
On the trim Porter Paint White Umber
We are really loving the way it turned out!
 
 
My new plant....I pray I don't kill it...I love it so...it needs a new pot though...
some sparkley new votive....so pretty at night...
 
can you hear that???? Yes, that light is singing :)
good bye red....hello fabulous Light French Grey!
Oh Joy! Look at the foyer....it looks so chic yet so welcome...so modern yet so warm...LOVE!

Now to get some things back on the wall :) The fun part!!
Thanks again to Centsational Girl for the board and batten idea...
and Thrifty Decor chick for the awesome info on redoing the stairs...yall ROCK!
Photobucket


16 comments:

Kristin March 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

Wow! That looks wonderful! I'm not usually a gray fan, but I think you may have converted me :-). I'm totally crushing on board and batten at the moment too, but because we're planning (hoping) to move soon, I'm trying to sit on my hands until we're in our new house. You've achieved a wonderful welcoming entryway in your home! I know I would love to come and visit!

AGohl March 29, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

Wow.... I absolutely love the transformation. That paint color is great and that chandeleir is perfect!!!!!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" March 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

AMAZING transformation! I really like the Light French Grey paint you chose for the wall, stunning! Makes the space look so much larger! Love it!

Dave @ Transform My Home March 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Stumbled upon you blog today. Very impressive, I love the trim work. The board and batten really catches your eye.

Stephanie March 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

That is an amazing transformation! I am in love with the paint color against the white. I am an overstock shopper too, can't beat their shipping prices. Wonderful job, so welcoming, light and airy. Love it.

Gwen March 29, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Beautiful! How wide is your hallway? I'd love to do that, but I'd be afraid of knocking into the ledge if ours is narrower than yours.
Jennifer
PS - We love French Grey. We have it in our Master bed and bath and the boy's bathroom too!

Suzanne March 29, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

What a change, lots of work but so rewarding, it looks terrific. Great color, and I love the stairs with the sizal.

decogirlmontreal

Belinda March 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

What a transformation!!! It's lovely! Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Sheila Zeller March 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

Beautiful - love how the light casts about and reflects off the ceiling. Sisal stair treads are fabulous!!!

Blogger September 16, 2017 at 6:47 AM  

Gain instant access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, photos and blueprints to make each project laughably easy!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP