We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Dressing Up An Old Dresser Cabinet

28 March 2011

Dressing Up An Old Dresser Cabinet 
contributed by Barilla Fab Four


Remember waaaaaaaaaaay back here when I found this cabinet, last October?!?

Well Dave refused to even help get it outta my car and would not let me bring it inside..so it sat on our porch for a few days...seriously it did...then it started to rain and I snuck it inside while he was at work...but where do you hide something that BIG?!? I couldn't so I just jammed it in the laundry room (1 room he NEVER uses! HA HA) Then soon after it got moved out to the shed where all my large "sometime" projects and curb shopped items reside until I finally get moving on them, or rather he threatens to burn them! There is a paper tag on the back that reads "Montgomery Wards made for W. McMillan - Canandaigua NY - 1938" which is pretty cool if you ask me!

The playroom addition is almost done, just waiting on the carpet guy to come and install it, followed by a few more finishing touches.  We couldn't afford to hire someone to finish the drywall so that's why its been so long since my last post on the secret room! The big reveal will be sometime soon I hope!!  Since we are so close to "moving into" the new space I started to work on the cabinet this week since all along I intended it to house the girls dress up clothing!  I was so excited to finally get it out and working on it that in just 3 days its DONE!!!


BEFORE


GLORIOUS AFTER

Here are some closeup shots of hardware & fabric.  The only thing I could not get a good shot of is the fabric lining in all the drawers, its the deep purple sparkly fabric ~ SO FUN ~  I shopped around for new hardware but to make this a really low cost project I decided to give them a quick coat of silver spray paint instead & I love it!  The dark purple flowers are done with chalkboard paint so Savannah can write what those drawers contain; wands, hats, jewelry, etc! The large part of the cabinet on the right has a hanging bar inside for all the dresses and skirts and tutus! I still want to find a long mirror to hang on the inside of the door so they can admire themselves all decked out!



Total Cost for this project was under $10!
Cabinet - FREE
Lavender paint & silver spray paint - leftovers on hand
 2 Fabrics on 30% sale @ JoAnns - $5.45
Purple Chalkboard paint w/ 40% JoAnns coupon - $4.19
{I used maybe 1 tbs from the 8oz jar! So when you factor in that I would say the project was under $5!}

18 comments:

Rachel March 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

WOW! LIKE REALLY WOW! I wish I could do things like this. Maybe if I just try I might be surprised but the fear keeps bound! BUT really you did an AMAZING job!

Creative Escapes March 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

I love it!!!! Your husband sounds like mine - "What are you bringing that into the house for" But - I hope you showed him that some things are worth keeping - great transformation!

Amy March 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Really nicely done! I have an old vanity I'm looking to re-do and you have such inspirational ideas!

Nina March 28, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

What a pretty piece of furniture! Love the lines. Your handiwork is awesome!

Tania March 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

I am absolutely loving this dresser. Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented Mom.

Tanya Ott March 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

Love the redo ... but love the story even more! It's the story of my life -- grabbing stuff that I know can be reworked, hubby rolling his eyes, me squirreling it away and hopefully, eventually making it into something.

I have a rocking chair "hiding" in my dining room right now. Not sure he even knows it's there! (we've been eating in the kitchen all week).

Nice job!

~Tanya
www.necessarypleasures.blogspot.com

Dee in N.H. March 29, 2011 at 4:34 AM  

That is just incredible! The girls will love it! Even DH will have to concede to your brilliance! LOL!

Sarah @ Snowing in Houston March 29, 2011 at 7:38 AM  

Wow! I love seeig others trash to treasure! How did you cover the door panel with fabric? Glue?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP