We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Old Garage Converted To A Cottage Rental House

09 September 2010

There is more then a lot of talent over at Ten Talents.  This couple shows us what they did with a little space that was once a garage converted into a living space, then they remodeled it to it's final state.


I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, so I thought I'd show you the cottage remodel that my husband did for this week's DIY Monday.  I don't think I mentioned this before, but our house (the one from 1889) had a mother-in-law cottage next to it.  It had been built in the 1980's, and it was really just a garage converted into a living space without heat, air, etc.  We knew we couldn't really afford a mortgage, so we bought this property knowing that my husband could convert the MIL cottage into an apartment we could rent out to help cover the mortgage.  So....here are the BEFORE pics of the cottage:


Front of the cottage

Old kitchen (Shark @ 2 mos.)
Cottage living room
                        
 Old bathroom

pic on left -- old bedroom
pic on right -- not sure...this was a long hallway/room @ back of cottage (I'm not sure what it was for)


They ended up knocking everything down except for the four walls, and here is what it looked like when it was finished!  (I would show the pics of what it was like during the remodel , but I think this post is getting kind of long!) 





                                                                    New Kitchen


                                                     New bathroom...above and below



 
New Living Room


1 of 2 new bedrooms...this is a junky picture, sorry :(  I should not be allowed to take the pictures :)

I truly cannot believe what they were able to do with this place (and all for such a great price too!).  These pictures really do not do it justice either.  I wanted to move in!  I am so thankful that God gave me such a talented husband...he's really the total package :)

We've taken some new pics of the house remodel, so I'll try to upload some before and durings of those!  Only a few more months to go and we'll creep out of my in-law's basement to our new home!


What a great garage conversion to cottage rental transformation!  Way to go with the great projects you two!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP