We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fall Mantel Decor by 33 Shades of Green

09 September 2010

.
Thank you Cassity for having me over to guest post again! Please come visit me at my blog 33 Shades of Green where you will find me crafting, cooking, decorating, and trying out all sorts of creative projects.
.
.
Well, it's hard to believe, but Fall is upon us and I though it was time to switch out my Summer mantel design for one more fitting of Fall.
.
.
I used the same apothecary jars I had on the mantel in the Summer.  I usually keep them up all year and just switch out the fillers to work with the season - makes it easy!
.
.
One jar is filled with wheat.  I bought a bunch, split it up into four parts, and then made little bundles by twisting a piece of raffia around it.
.
.
Another is filled with Indian corn I picked up on clearance at Pottery Barn last year.  I love all the colors!
.
.
.
I filled the last jar with artificial pears that came from Target.
.
.
.
.
I took one of the branches out of the vase (shown above) and glued on a few dried Japanese Maple leaves.  I dried a whole bunch of these last year just by placing them between the pages of my phone book.  They have been there all year!  I guess I don't use the phone book too often.
.
.
Just use a glue gun to attach the leaves.  I love how this looks!  I think I might dry a whole bunch more this year to use next year!
.
.
Last year I used a few of the dried leaves and put them in a frame.  This is so easy and doesn't cost a thing!
.
.
I also have a dried ginkgo leaf in another frame.
.
.
I used acorns as a vase filler around a candle.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope you enjoyed my Fall mantel - thanks for reading!  If you would like to know more come visit me 33 Shades of Green.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  September 9, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

This just proves you can decorate your mantel even with a tv over it!! Love the corn in the vase - I must get some of that!! Beautiful fall mantel! thanks for sharing.

Jennifer

Shannon September 9, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Gorgeous stuff! I love that it's all cheap too! And there's just something adorable about acorns, I definitely need to go hunt some down. Oh and a fireplace too, I definitely need one of those :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} September 9, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I have those same Target pears and I love them all year round! I think I'm going to have to steal that acorn idea. I have tons of them on my deck. So cute!

Jen September 9, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

those acorns are my favorite! i feel the need to copycat immediately!

Kari September 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

I love your mantel! Your Japanese Maple leaves look SO good! I'm moving in with you, Alissa!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP