We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Brand New Stair Banister, Home Remodel

02 September 2010

I try not to feature the same blogger right in a row, but you will have to forgive me for this one cause I couldn't help it when I saw this party link.  Ashley over at The Hillside Home has completely updated the look of her home by changing out the old banister on her staircase and balcony.  Not only was this a necessary change for saftey, but honestly it brought the home's look right up to date in a snap!  Check out the transformation:


The first time we looked at the house that is now our home, the first thing we saw as we walked in the door was the stairway. Our house was built in the 1970's and the stairway was original. It was built before there were building codes determining the space between each bar, so my mommy-radar was sounding on high as I noticed that Liam would fit right through those bars with little to no effort. EEEK. 

So, high on our renovating priority list was replacing the stairway.

Above are the before pictures and below is the BIG REVEAL of our brand new craftsman stairway. We are absolutely in love with the finished product. It is safe as can be and is a beautiful focal point in our home.







We are still shopping for a new lighting fixture to hang in the stairway and this lantern is on the top of my list. It is an outdoor lantern from Pottery Barn, but I think it would work indoors as well. What do you guys think?


Isn't the difference incredible?  
I love the new look, 
and I am sure they are enjoying it too!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light September 2, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I love the style of your new bannister! What a difference! And I think that using an unusual light for the space will be interesting....there are so many great PB knockoffs at Lowes & HD too. Thanks for sharing your pretty staircase.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP