We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

From Carpet to Wooden Stair Treads: Guest Remodel

17 August 2010

Rob and Lauri at Handy Man, Crafty Woman have an awesome carpet to wooden stair treads remodel they want to share with us.  Currently we are in the middle of remodeling our stairs from carpet to wood and can't wait until we choose the new floor color to finish the stairs and show you all.  Anyway see what they did.

I recently came across some photos of our stairway renovation.  I can’t believe this was completed in fall of 2007.  It seems like we just did it!
The before is so embarrassing!  Oh well.  I don’t even have a few of the before BEFORE photos.  Before this first photo, there was drywall on the left, and an odd looking wood hand rail.  To the right, there was a WALL that we demolished.  Yes, a wall.  We pulled that down at an earlier time, to make the two rooms at the front of our house more open.  Then we took a break from renovations and I had to look at this ugly, carpeted staircase for a while.  Yuck!
It’s not that I hate carpet, but this was all dirty and worn out, and we just prefer wood floors and stairs.
Handy man worked on the treads.  I was getting so excited at this point!
I painted the risers with a glossy white paint.
There was a lot of drywall patching and painting to do on this side.
And then…the handrails…Didn’t Handy Man do a great job?  This would have cost a fortune if we hired someone to do it.  Although the materials for this weren’t cheap, at least we didn’t have to add labor costs.
Hey, you can see our Christmas tree in the background in this one!  We finished it in fall 2007, but it wasn’t until December that I realized that I needed to take finished photos.

Way cool project!  I love the new look. 
Very nice carpet to wooden stair treads do you agree?

5 comments:

Jen August 17, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

This is exactly what I want to do with my stairway. Looks more open. Love it!

Anonymous,  August 17, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I love your stairs and railings. I would love to have the same look in our house. Maybe we'll take on this project, too!

Cynthia August 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

This is SO timely for us! We are finishing our basement and the stairs REALLY need to be recarpeted. The problem is that we got all the carpet for free from friends (yeah!) but don't have enough to do the stairs. This would be the perfect solution for us since the upstairs floor is cherry hardwood. I really like the white risers as that would make the whole project more affordable.

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Thanks for the feature, and for the nice comments! Just an FYI, if you go back to the post on my blog, I have added more photos that I found of the wall before we tore it down.

Laurie

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP