We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Easy Placemat Pillows Tutorial

31 August 2010

This great Placemat Pillow Tutorial was linked to our last party from Meredith at Welcome to Heardmont, I love how they turned out and the way the room looks!


The other day I came across these cute yellow placemats at Target.
They reminded me so much of the colors in our master bedroom that I decided to get a couple and turn them into accent pillows!
I’ve seen tutorials on turning placemats into pillows on several other blogs, but here’s how I did it.
Step 1: Iron your placemats
Step 2: With scissors or a seam ripper, take out the stitches in one edge of the placemat
Step 3: Using your favorite polyester filling, stuff the placemat/ pillow cover
Step 4: Close the seam – I chose to hot glue mine shut (sooo easy)
Step 5:  Admire your new pillows!
Here’s a reminder of what our bedroom looked like before our new pillows.
And here it is now!
I hope you liked the quick and easy placemat pillow tutorial.  Now go grab some placemats and start stuffing!

Doesn't it look Great?
I also really love that mirror!

13 comments:

Brittany H August 31, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

I saw these place mats at target and I almost bought them! They are adorable. My husband doesn't understand my need for hundreds of pillows on my bed, but I NEED! It looks fabulous.

SandyQuilts August 31, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Boo hoo we don't have a Target. The pillows are very pretty. Placemats are useful for all kinds of things including purses
http://tinyurl.com/2fs5e2k

Thanks

Meredith August 31, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Wow! Thank you so much for featuring my tutorial! I hope the fact that this is a no-sew pillow solution will encourage others to try it out.

The mirror was a vintage find, but there's more than one in the world. Here's a post I wrote about spotting my mirror's twin on the Silver Screen:
http://welcometoheardmont.com/?p=2075

Thanks again for the feature!
Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

MamaMonki August 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

What a difference two pillows can make. I'm so keeping my eyes open for cute placemats now. Who know it was so easy!

Sherri August 31, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Love the new pillows! I will have to keep my eyes out for some cute placemats. Great tutorial...Easy peasy. My kinda craft. ;-)

BB August 31, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Hello.. that's a great idea... Actually tho .. I am here to thank you for the great idea of making your old bathroom mirror into a leaning wall mirror.. I did it. check it out at www.createtodecorate.com... it is one heavy big mirror.. but I love it and it's all thanks to your and your great idea...this pillow idea is a good one too.. I made pillows out of cloth dinner napkins one time .. clearance napkins from Ross.. they turned out very nice. for 99 cents. So Thank you Remodelaholic.! ")

Lindsay Hosanna September 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

This is amazing! And sooo easy! OMG thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try this :)

Anna September 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Why have I never heard of this before now?! I have a placement addiction! And can now justify buying them! Way cool!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP