We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Living Room Redecorated; Guest

31 August 2010


Ann Marie From White House, Black Shutters  Just did a bit of redecorating in her living room and I think it looks lovely now.  I love the old pieces, from the window to the 7up crate.  I really like the history it gives the space.  Great Job!  Here is what she did:

Normally my life in the family room, blogging and living, is from the inside looking out  (especially lately with this HUMIDITY and these MOSQUITOS!)
image
Inspired by some botanical prints I picked up earlier this summer at two different garage sales,
Untitled 
I decided to bring the green of the outdoors into my family room.
IMG_4730
A window I saved when we replaced the old ones,
image
with some accessories found at garage sales.
 image image
A 7-Up crate to hold magazines, remotes, and a vintage milk bottle filled with clippings from the yard.
imageIMG_4716
and since we’re pretending this is a photo shoot for a catalog, lets throw in a weird prop like peppers for no good reason at all:
 image
The pillows were from (left to right) Goodwill, garage sale, ones I made myself, and PB from a garage sale. The coffee and side tables and lamps (although I’m looking for new drum shades) were both bought at a garage sale and painted. A big basket next to the couch keeps toys corralled and out of sight.
IMG_4726

IMG_4738
The painted window frames and the curtains have really brightened the room.
image
With a toddler and minus a million pillows, this is how it really looks most days:
IMG_4781-2image
care for a flashback to see how it used to look?
before:
image  and the lovely, green, not-so-blah after
IMG_4726

for more befores, check out this post 

What do you think about the changes?
Don't you love the fern prints?

4 comments:

Unknown August 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

Thanks so much for the feature, I'm sooo excited to see my house here on your site!

-Ann Marie

Lindsay Hosanna August 31, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

I love the fern prints for sure! So beautiful! I also love the 7up crate, old window, old jar with stopper & the flowers! They really are a nice change! Awesome transformation! :)

Bonnie @ House of Grace August 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

I love Ann Marie (she's my sister-in-law)! Great guest post!!! Have a great week girlfriend!
Bonnie :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP