We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Surprising Find; Sewing Machine Drawer, Guest

20 May 2010

I love this little decorating re-use.  Kelli of Random Thoughts of a Supermom, found tow old sewing table drawers and restored, revamped and re-purposed them!  You go girl!


A few months ago, I found a few really awesome things at a resale store that was going out of business. You may remember the $5 school desk and the fork & spoon set. Well, I also picked up two antique sewing machine drawers. Strange purchase I know, but I just loved the details and the quirkiness of them!

This is what I started with. Check out all those great details! But some of the details were loose, and some of them were completely broken off. So I got out the Gorilla Glue to fix them.
I applied a thin layer of the glue to the broken piece and to the spot on the drawer where it was supposed to be.
Apparently my layer wasn't quite thin enough, because this is what it looked like when I came back to check and see if it was dry. No big deal though. I just used a screwdriver to break away the extra foamy stuff and sanded it down a little bit. Though if you use this kind of Gorilla Glue, they aren't kidding when they say use a thin layer! I painted the drawer with a coat of Krylon Bahama Sea spray paint. {Sorry about the upside down shot}
And then coated it with a layer of white spray paint.
After the paint dried, I sanded the drawer to make the details really pop. I love the little piece on the end that the Gorilla Glue helped me save.
And I love the {very subtle} bits of blue that you can see where I sanded off the white paint.
Now I just have to decide what to put inside the drawer. I think some fake grass would be really cute and add a nice pop of green in the room.
************************
I found some Faux Grass and added it to the drawer. I'm loving it! What do you think?!?


I love the detail, and I love the creativity 
to see these as a decorators item!
Great Job!  What do you all think?

7 comments:

Amber May 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

I love what you did with this old drawer! I recently saw some old desk drawers at an antique store like this and thought they would be really cool to add to my home. I didn't buy them then but i've been thinking about going back to get some. I didn't think to paint it though. Yours looks awesome!

Recaptured Charm May 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

WOW that turned out gorgeous! I'm embarassed to say that I've had that exact experience with Gorilla glue too! Loving the faux grass! Wonderful job.
Lisa

Truth Be Told Blog May 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

I am stopping by from Follow Friday following you back.

I am loving your blog.
Valorie at www.TruthBeToldblog.com

Pam May 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

This is a great project! I would love to try this and maybe line the drawer with some kind of loaf pan or something waterproof and plant some real cat grass. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP