We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Nip and tuck; Furniture Reupholstery; Guest

20 May 2010

Here is a great little party link I wanted to show you from Allison at Design Life.  It just goes to show what you can do with your existing pieces:


We made some exciting progress in my client’s Sun Room today!
I purchased this new chair at a great price!  Inexpensive enough that we had enough money in our “chair budget” to refinish and reupholster in some fabulous fabric!
Chair BEFORE
IMG_2454IMG_2456
and AFTER!
IMG_2943
I found this fabulous fabric at Robert Allen and upholstered the seat & inside chair back.  I found a great faux leather for the outside seat back, for an interesting contrast!
I did a French Grey wash on the finish &I love it the new look!
We also decided to add a bit of foam to the seat and back cushion to give it a softer feel.  What a difference it makes!
Oh and have I mentioned how much I adore this lamp I purchased at Global Views? Perfect for the space!
 IMG_2936 IMG_2938 IMG_2944
My client also had an old sleeper sofa. I had confidence we could find a great fabric and have it reupholstered and bring this baby into 2010!
Sofa BEFORE
IMG_2455
Sofa AFTER!
IMG_2940 IMG_2941  
I think it looks great! I also had my upholsterer (who did a fabulous job!) raise the sofa a few inches to help with the scale of the sofa.  This helps it better relate to the built in seating & tall dining table.
I found this console table on Craigslist for a great price a few days ago.  We’re going to purchase this and revamp it to go behind the sofa!
     image

I love a good upholstery job!
Does this make you want to freshen up something in your house?
Thanks Allison for linking up to the party!

5 comments:

Parenting in blue jeans May 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

I agree...amazing diff in the sofa! I always wonder how much it cost to have someting upholstered. I'm always guessing whether it's worth to buy an item second hand if I have to have it recovered, any hints?

twilas vintage clothing May 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

I love the chair redo!!

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
www.twilasvintageclothing.com

The mad woman behind the blog May 21, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Okay, I want the name and number of that upholsterer....and prescreen him would ya? Will he take sexual favors? b/c his talent does all kinds of things to me!

Was that a little much for my first comment? I do read way too much of myfavoriteandmybest.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP