We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Ottoman Empire; Updated Ottoman idea, Guest Post

20 May 2010

Before I get to the post I wanted to let you know that I will be changing made2create to karapaslaydesigns.blogspot.com.  Please update me address if you get the chance!!  THANKS!!!!

DSC09061 

 This old ottoman (below) has doubled as a stool during the 2 year long renovation of our home. It's covered in joint compound and paint splatters, giving evidence of its obvious misuse. No doubt it is time for a major 
makeover.

  DSC08815 

 I could have striped the old fabric and opted for a complete overhaul, but I chose to create an "oh, so easy" slip cover! First, I chose scrap pieces of fabric and laid them out over the ottoman changing their positions until I was pleased with the look.

  DSC08816 

Next I used chalk to outline exactly where the fabric hit the edge of the ottoman. Then I cut the fabric leaving about 1 inch of play.

  DSC08818 

 Then I sewed. . . .OK, OK, I used the fusible iron-on tape! BUT, I will sew it all together eventually. . . probably. . . maybe. :) Anyway I "attached" it all together.

  DSC09067DSC09068

After everything was secure, I placed the "top" back on the ottoman. Last, I took a strip of the brown fabric and wrapped it around the ottoman using pins and the extra 1 inch play to secure the top of the slipcover to the "skirt." Since I was using the fusible tape I found it easier to iron the fabric together a few inches at a time WHILE it was still on the ottoman. Finally I painted the legs white and distressed them a bit.

  DSC09062DSC09057

And there you have it, a new piece of furniture practically for FREE!

DSC09075

5 comments:

Mandy England May 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

I just stumbled across your blog, and I am so excited by your ideas!! My husband and I are in the process of moving across the country, and I am hoping to do quite a bit of remodeling once we get out there. . . The ottoman is amazing!!! :]

Anonymous,  December 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

This ottoman is so cute. You've done a wonderful job and it looks great with the chair.
Megs :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP