We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Creme Brulee Recipe

15 April 2009



I did have one person ask, so here it is (this recipe is from our friends the Johnsons!- they are the ones who watched America's test kitchen every Saturday or so and then shared what they learned! Which also included the best cheesecake recipe ever! Thanks guys!)

Creme Brulee
Preheat oven to 300

In a separate pan start about 2-3 quarts of water boiling, for a water bath when they cook, not in recipe!

1 cup heavy Whipping cream
1/3 cup Sugar

slowly bring to just boiling, mix only occasionally (don't over mix)

add:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt(I let these heat up a little, but not too hot)

in a separate bowl:
6 eggs yolks (beaten)

Now in order to put the hot cream in with the eggs you have to add a small amount of the cream to the egg yolks, and stir them it in, to temper them, (so that the eggs don't cook) add a little more of the cream mixture to the eggs, stir and then you can add the rest.

Place a dish towel in a glass casserole dish(this will help the ramekins not to slide all around), add the ramekins on top of towel, fill each ramekin.

Fill the casserole dish with the boiling water (from above) so that the water is 2/3 the height of the ramekins. I open up the oven and pull out the rack and stick the casserole dish there before filling it up. This way I don't spill boiling water down myself trying to stick it in the oven.

Bake 30 minutes

Place ramekins on a wire rack.
Sprinkle the tops with sugar (raw or table whatever you prefer)
cover and place in fridge overnight.

Torch the top before serving. (we got a torch at the kitchen store, our friends just bought one at home depot! You just torch it till the sugar starts to brown and boil.

Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Holy Rusted Metal Batman- my gosh you've been a busy pregnant bee. Last time I checked it was your birthday-which today I was planning on writing about, now it's been 60 billion more things-slow down there little fell’a, the baby's not come for a few more months, your not gonna know what to do with yourself at this pace-really I'm just saying that because your making us all look bad ok, ok me look bad I'll say it, it's really just me. Wow, I'm seriously impressed with everything and all of it, I need to stop by-I miss you something fierce. talk to you later...soon!

Joe and LeiAnn April 17, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Mmmm...creme brulee is some of the best stuff on earth! I'm so glad that someone else benefits from that recipe!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP