We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Move over Martha...

14 April 2009

There's a new crazy, pregnant, nester in town!

I feel a bit like super woman, minus the leotard, (cuz that would not look so hot, on my motherly body!- or really ever)

I have been on a house organizing, project, mad rampage.

I pulled out my china- that unfortunately hasn't been unpacked since our Logan, Utah home. If it isn't going to be used, then we aren't going to keep it, so out it came. I washed each piece lovingly by hand, and was so excited to see how they sparkle. We even used it on Easter Sunday! How fun. Oh, and for those of you that love dishes but don't want them to get banged up, you need to cut out some felt circles, to place between each plate, the idea was care of none other than Martha, check out the article here. I do this for all my millions of special dishes.
I made Strawberry Freezer Jam. FIRST time ever. Strawberries were a buck a pound at Wally-world. How could I resist? I purchased the low sugar SureJel option. I was shocked when I got home and looked online for the recipe. Even the low sugar jam called for 3 cups of sugar! (I looked at the regular stuff. It called for 7- yes, that's right, 7 CUPS of sugar to 3 cups fruit? Seriously? Seriously?! Yuck!) So, for lunch today I am having a whole wheat, natural Pb&j with my own jam. Too cool! Look at the beautiful color:
I spray painted an outdoor plastic bench (don't worry- I wore gloves, glasses and a mask, and was in the middle of the backyard for ventilation). We got the bench at a garage sale like 5 years ago. It is really nice -but green, so I painted it black- my favorite color du jour for furnishings. Now it matches out other outdoor furnishings. (minus the table I just got on Craigs list for $10.00 to be updated, and blogged about soon)
I have been madly and somewhat randomly organizing closets. A shelf here and there, but things are just starting to look quite nice. And, I am finding most things final resting spot. I love that feeling.

I made Creme Brulee. Not that its really that hard. Because, in my dish fetish madness, I bought the most adorable egg shaped ramekins, (last year @ Target, 4 for 2.50, and 50% off that). We decided this will be our Easter dinner desert tradition! This was the first year we used them! And just cracking into that wonderful bruleed top, is like heaven. (just let me know if you want the recipe)

I've watched two movies that I love. Marley and Me! Cried my eyes out, loved the story, loved that family story and especailly that the main characters were married, not just living together... so rarely shown in movies- the traditional family unit intact. I am seriously going to buy this movie. Secondly, Bedtime Stories, so cute and I am all about cheesy happy movies. Besides, who doesn't sorta love Adam Sandler- he is just so funny! During all this crazy movie viewing fun, I've been crocheting the most adorable baby blanket. Blog to come.

I even made homemade Laundry Detergent (and I now have a year supply in about a square foot of space-nice). Thanks to my sister Noelle, who showed me how it was done. I feel so free. It spurred me to make my own shower cleaner, and I think I am on a slippery slope, from here- it's all downhill. Do we really need all the harsh chemicals in some of those cleaners? Probably not! The "recipe calls for cut up soap. I shredded mine in a cheese grater, in looked exactly like cheddar.


Last but not least- I finally did the job that no one has wanted to do. I cleaned the intake air vent. It has been on the to do list for months, (I really shouldn't admit that) Now it looks so nice, and we can all breathe easier, not breathing in all that junk. Here is the before... now it's all white and clean.
You gotta love a good spring clean attitude.

6 comments:

Heidi April 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

You're amazing. You never cease to amaze!! I'm totally impressed that you made your own detergent. I'm on that same slippery slope my friends have labeled me as "granola". I don't mind...It's so refreshing to know exactly what you are using and eating!!! Hey, I noticed your comment on the Wright's. You are not nuts to consider natural birth. It's amazing!!! I went into my labor hoping for natural, but also careful not to be disappointed if it didn't work that way. The human body is amazing! If you want natural, work towards it and when labor comes let your body do what it was meant to do.

Shannons Cakes April 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Your making soap the hard way. I have an easier recipe if you are interested.

A Erickson April 14, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

I am amazed at you and your finds. You could double for Martha Stewart. And I'm so excited you guys have a garden! I am foaming at the mouth to plant ours!

Annie April 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Seriously, Cassity. Could you please come live with me?! I need your amazing-ness.

P.S. I DO want your Creme Brulee recipe. I would rather just have your Creme Brulee. But since that probably won't work out to send through the mail, I guess I'll settle for the recipe. ;)

oh, and if you've forgotten who "annz" is... it's me, Annie.

Marsha April 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Man you are creatively nesting. How awesome to be doing so many wonderful things in your new home.
When I was pregnant, my big thing was to rearrange rooms. Larry never knew where the furniture may be when he got home.

CourtneyB April 16, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Okay, that does it - you are officially super woman. I get tired just READING your posts! You're amazing! (:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP