We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Life in the 'burbs...

21 November 2008

I finally found the pictures of the house, that we took when we first walked through. I thought I would put them up first, so these are the BEFORES! There are definitely more to come of the house as it is now, but give me a few days, (or weeks knowing me)

EXTERIOR
Justin and I like to joke that suburbs look like you live in a garage. "Hi, welcome to my garage, I mean, home!" And here we are living in one of those garages. We are going to have to do some major work to take the attention off the huge necessary monstrosity attached to the very front of our house!


ENTRY & LIVING ROOM
The entry space isn't to bad, I do love the open staircase, although I am going to have Justin make some really nice newel posts, and I need a really cool console table. The living room had a light that hung about 4 feet off the floor, was huge, always in your face and covered with spider webs!

KITCHEN & PANTRY
Here is the kitchen, it looks into the living room, and is connected to the dining room. (basically one huge communal space!) I am excited to rip out the tile! I can't stand it. And, we found out that they laid it on top of the old vinyl, so we can rip it out even easier, then stain the concrete floors!


MASTER SUITE
This is the room where the entire family lived!
To each his own.
BACKYARD
Here you can see where the cooler IS still leaking, the staining it has caused, and the attempt to landscape. Free brick pavers to move around, and reuse, sounds good to me!

SECOND FLOOR:
FAMILY ROOM
This is a great huge space! AND, it's private, so if it is a mess, no one has to know! We now have a whole LOT of wall space, but I really want to only put up our own art and photagraphy. I think it would mean so much more and be much more fun! We'll see what we do!

The Cream?
There is a great walk in closet off of the family room, with room for all that family room type stuff. I LUV closets!


UPSTAIRS BEDROOMS
They all basically look the same,about 11' x 11' with awesome walk in closets!

UPSTAIRS BATH
Boring? Yes, but hey, it's a bathroom, with nothing really ugly!

5 comments:

InkMom November 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

I swear the couches in the living room look exactly like the ones in my inlaws' beach condo -- the ones that I refuse to sit on without a sheet between me and the upholstery because they are so ancient, and so beh-chicka-beh old, overused, and ugly that I'm scared of what I might pick up should my body actually come in contact with the furniture.

Can't wait to see what you do with the place -- good bones, lots of possibilities. Congratulations!

Unknown November 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

So much house, so little time! How super exciting! (InkMom, I could just cyber-follow you around all night and never get tired of it.)
Cass, can't wait to see all your tlc!
Miss you!

Jennie November 23, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

amen! i totally agree with you about the garage thing! that drives me CRAZY! hi... welcome to my garage!

i have been saying that for years!!!

it looks like it is a great space! have fun with it!

The Arrrrrgalls November 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

You and Justin truly have a gift of seeing past the imperfections and mess in a home, and have a vision of what its potential can be. Last time we looked at houses I had a real hard time looking past the yuck. I know you guys will make your home a palace!!

Eliason Family November 25, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

So I read your incredible long story about your house horror and the story about your piano. Only you could appreciate the present I got last year, my very own piano inherited from Dave's parents in my front room and I absolutely love it.. I have been taking piano since the beginning of the year and love it.. So sorry to hear the damage though, believe me I sympathize with you.. Been there once before! But hey look on the bright side you will now get the black one you dreamed off! Congrats on finally getting settled!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP