We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Moving on..

26 August 2008


Well we have a little snippet of good, actually great news!

We sold our house!!!


We were going to try to put our house up for sale by owner but just didn't have the time. So, we called our realtor Tammy. She listed our house on Tuesday, and then we waited. We had one showing on Saturday. Which was quite a fiasco!
_
We decided to take the cats with us so that they wouldn't escape or bug the prospective buyers. Within the first mile Kitty was so upset that she threw up. Then she crawled under Justin's seat and continued to cry (really sad meowing, every 30 seconds) for the next 30 minutes.
_
Buddy at first was great, but as the time went on, we had unloaded the car (at the storage unit), and were about to go to a few other stores, he started heavily panting and hyperventilating. Any of you that know buddy, know that he is a big, rather stout boy and I was not sure his heart would be able to handle the stress. So we drove back to the house and the people were just walking out! Thank heaven! So, we parked in front of our neighbors house and as soon as they drove away I ran the cats back in and of course they were fine! I have no idea what they are going to do for 2 days in the car going to a new home that they have never seen. I am definitely going to need to get a tranquilizer.
_
Anyway, we had a BBQ that night to try and get as many friends together as possible. We called a bunch of our friends from work and church and just sat around and ate (and talked of course). While we were hanging out I got a call for another showing Sunday afternoon, while I would be at church, and what is so funny is that all the tension that I had felt about selling the house just totally left my body! I was so happy, calm and so relieved. Which is funny because it was just a showing.
_
Sure enough, they made an offer on the house we did some very serious haggling, and now the house is sold!
_
I am so happy! Now we can really make some plans for Texas!
_
Let me take a moment to be thankful-
_
I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for watching out for us so faithfully. This whole process has been hard, and more work than I'd care to think about at the moment, but a true blessing. Before this change began, I was praying to my Father that He would prepare a way for us to be able to adopt. We just haven't been able to get to that point financially here. I asked Him, if that was truly what he wanted us to do, that we needed Him to prepare a way for it to be able to happen. And then Justin got laid off. As silly as it may sound, I know that this new path is an answer to my prayers. I really feel like He has a plan for our little family. From the very beginning I have been prepared for each little bump in the road, and even the good news. The Spirit has just dwelt with me from day to day. I am thankful that I have been able to recognize so clearly the blessings in my life. I love my Father and I am so thankful for all He has given me. And I am so thankful to my Savior for bearing this burden for me. And so I will try to remember this, and hope that we all can remember those times that we have been guided.

7 comments:

Marsha August 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

You are guys are so lucky and blessed. Congratulations on the house selling. I loved seeing all the home improvements you guys have done. You should consider that as a side job. You guys are awesome. Thank you for adding music to your site. I love hearing what others listen to. We'll miss you guys in the branch.

Tha Roberts family

Julie M. August 27, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Cass, you are amazing. I seriously want to be just like you when I grow up. I'm so ecstatic that you house sold so quickly! What a blessing indeed! Thanks for keeping us posted! :)

Corey Mason August 28, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

I cannot believe you guys already sold your house! I guess that is true confirmation! Wow! That was so quick! God is good!! We are going to miss you guys but are so happy for you and what lies ahead. Everything is working out so perfectly, it's so neat to see! Thanks for sharing this journey with us! Congrats on the house, that is amazing! We will see you on Saturday!

Blessings,
Shelley

Unknown August 28, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Hi,I know you are really excited an even more now that the house is sold YEAH! I want to tell you I will miss you guys when you leave. But, I also know Heavenly Father guides us to our paths of life. Take care and keep in touch after you leave Asheville, Pat Bradley

A Erickson August 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

Yay for the house being sold! And truly a blessing. You are so incredibly spiritual and great. I admire you so much-you are always optimistic, upbeat, and positive!

Jennie August 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

how cool!

my best friends mom (really, my second mom! )just moved here and we have been going out probally 2 times a week for a month looking at homes!

oh my gosh!

i am glad this went well for you!

Eliason Family September 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

All I can say is wow your house is amazing.. You guys sure have a talent in remodeling. It looks amazing, want to come decorate my half finished family room! Meaning we got new furniture now i just need to figure out what to put on it? I'm excited for you to be in Texas, closer to Utah and not so far away! Congrats on selling your home. Good luck with the move!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP