We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Amazing Chair Reupholstry! From Old-looking to Brand-New!

06 October 2011

Amazing Chair Reupholstry! From Old-Looking to Brand-New!

This project rates... out of anything I've ever done.... as the one I disliked the MOST while I was doing it!
BUT, this project also rates as the one I enjoy the MOST.... out of anything I've ever done.... EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Would you believe that I turned these:






Into these?!



I'm proud to say that the project only cost me about $20 total!  The pair of chairs was free, and I re-used the padding, the cording.... even the upholstery nails.  This project was done on a dime and completely upcycled.  Yay!!!!

I sure learned a lot!  But it will be a while before I tackle this kind of re-upholstery again. Just bein' honest. ;)

They look better in the day time... maybe I'll have to add some daytime photos....  :)

Here are a few process pictures - I was going to do a full-blown tutorial, but I'm sure there are good ones already out there somewhere AND I'm sure there are easier ways to do most of what I "figured out."  But for what it's worth:




                                                     
This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!



What a beautiful reupholstering project! Check out some more awesome chairs!

10 comments:

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof October 6, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

I'm trying to leave a comment on the site who submitted but I can't find the above project on her site? The linkback doesn't work? Am I missing something? Thanks :)

banclothing October 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

I love the chairs. I actually just did a similar style chair in a print as well: banclothing.blogspot.com. Although the chairs look fantastic the covered table with the baskets on top is a total buzz kill.

Revi October 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Kudos! This is not an easy first project, but the end result is lovely.
-Revi

Decor & Harmony October 7, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

Fantastic! Loving the fabric choice, I just finished taking upholstery classes, it's very satisfying to complete a project the right way, less frustration too. Stop by for a blog visit.

Terry October 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

Your chairs turned out beautiful!
I hadn't thought of reupholstering some chairs!! For months now, I've had my eye on a pair from Big Lots but they cost 229.00 EACH!! I still can't bring myself to spend that much! None of my furniture cost that much!! :) I'm always scouring the local thrift store for great pieces to add to my home decor! Now I'm on a mission....! Thanks for the great idea!

Unknown October 12, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Thanks for featuring my chairs! The linkback should be: http://wrenfrancesdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/before-and-after-2.html

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP