We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Family Portraits on the Wall! (at last)

26 September 2011

When we went to Asheville this summer for the Shaw flooring competition...(please go vote there are only a few more days!  THANKS!) We also had my great friend Destinee take family pictures for us.  She is a fabulous photographer, and it has been fun to watch her business take off!  I thought I would share some of the pictures with you, and how I framed and displayed the first few pictures!











Anyway, I recently got an invitation from Kristen to share a way that I display my family pictures... And since I just got these new pictures from Destinee I thought "Seize the day" , well it wasn't quite that dramatic, more like.. "Crap I've gotta get this done before the post is due...!"

I wanted three large images in my entry, but I couldn't find the frames that just said "BUY ME".  And I went to about 5 different places.  Well, because I couldn't find anything I loved, I decided to change the plan for now, and just bought some $5 dollar Wal-world frames... that way if it didn't turn out great, then oh well.  But, I am really happy with how it turned out.

Where did I hang them?  I have this little "hall"  between our master bedroom and the guest half bath, on our main floor.  We used to have a bunch of family pictures there, but since we installed our wainscoting (and had Lydia)  I have yet to hang anything on the walls.  So, I thought I would put the pictures here.

I started with a quick coat of spray paint (Rustoleum's Lagoon in Satin -  I love this, I painted a table this color months ago and have yet to show you it... ya know, for a blogger, I am REALLY bad at blogging!) for the frames which were black to begin.


I thought it might be fun to ignore the wainscoting when I hung them, so here is the before and after. I had to hang the middle picture on a 2x4 block so that it hung flat!  I need to take pictures so you can see!

And because I like the little pink specter walking through this next image, I have to share it.  This is what always happens when trying to take pictures (and you should have seen all the sheets and pillow cases that she pulled out of the cabinet while I was doing this... and technically is still there 2 days later!  Whoops!)


Please check out her great blog line up:


What do you think? 
 If you like it please consider pinning it 
or sharing via facebook or twitter!  THANKS!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.

18 comments:

Crazy Wonderful September 26, 2011 at 8:01 AM  

LOVE those photos and how you displayed them in those fun frames! You have such a beautiful family :)

aimee September 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Such beautiful pictures of your family. i love what u did with the frames xxx

Kristin September 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

Love it! Love the photos. Anything else you might have done in this hallway would probably make it feel like "too much." But this looks just right. Love the contrast in colors.

Julia @ 551Eastdesign September 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM  

Oh my gosh I love how you displayed your family pics! Your family is adorable. :)

PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog right now! Come by when you get a chance. :)

Stephanie September 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM  

Cassity, you and your family are so beautiful! And the last picture,of you and the baby sleeping, so precious. I love how you displayed them, the color of the frames are perfect

Remodelaholic September 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

Erica, Thanks! I got it at Old Navy in June-ish! They were out of stock almost immediately! But it probably wouldn't be hard to make one... or paint the design onto a skirt!

Julie September 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

I went from 4th grade to graduation with Destinee!! She is so talented.

Unknown October 2, 2011 at 11:29 PM  

Great family pics!! We really need to do this someday! Thanks for joining last week's What's In The Gunny Sack? link party and I hope to see you again for tomorrow's party!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street October 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Love your family pics! We just hung up ours in our living room - come see if you have a moment

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion October 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

love where you hung the pics, that is always a wasted space with nothing of interest to look at. I love,love,love, the pink cowboy boots!

Lindsay October 8, 2011 at 3:58 PM  

You have such a beautiful family! Those pictures are gorgeous! And that skirt you are wearing is so adorable! I love how you displayed it! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

Little Bird Threads October 10, 2011 at 2:06 AM  

So gorgeous! Lovely family and frames :) I love that it was placed over existing mouldings. Fresh look!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP