We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Country Charm Kitchen And Dining Room!

22 August 2011

Beautiful Country Charm!  
Kitchen And Dining - Before and After 

Hey all, this is Cassity, I just wanted to share this kitchen with you from Erin. I love the details she added and the bright happy feel of the space.  And who wouldn't love this amazing antique ladder rack, that she used, I wish I had a place for one in my house!!  Tell me what you think of all her amazing hard work!




Here she is, in all her tract home glory! You probably have these same cabinets too. Stained oak! To me, yuck!!  Now, some people really like this look and if you do, I hope your not offended that I don't.  Everytime I walked in my kitchen, the grain in that oak just screamed at me!  


In my home, you can see the kitchen from the living room, and I hated that! Because those cabinets were awful to me!


I tried to add some charm by bringing in my great Grandmother's table that I painted.  It helped, a little.  I just couldn't help feeling that those cabinets needed a dose of pretty.  I wanted so badly to paint them!  But, I was scared to death of that task.


But, I conquered those fears, and went for it!!  I won't lie, it was a monumental task!  But they are beautiful to me now!  Painted cabinets just make me smile!  Everytime I walk in my kitchen, I get this feeling of joy and pride that I did that!

We also got granite countertops, which are an absolute dream!!  You can put anything hot, right out of the oven on this baby and nothing happens!  I know some people are scared to do that, but not me !


We changed out the cutrains for bamboo shades from our local Lowe's and they have been the best thing ever! 

View from the breakfest room.  More on that later.




The cream table needed a face lift too.  I painted it this wonderful green color and my man picked me up some butcher block from Ikea.  My daughter thought the top should be stained and I completely agreed.  I love how it turned out!


This is me, trying my best to look like I don't know a camera is there!  I think I just laughed the entire time!


My little green ladder from our local antique mall.  I get more comments on this than anything!

Here are some good pictures of what our breakfast room looked like before I painted the kitchen cabinets. I apologize for how dark all the pictures seem.

The curtains were actually tablecloths cut in half and pinned up to create the v effect. I loved these, but since the kitchen was getting such a big face lift, I couldn't leave this side of the room out! I got the rug from Pottery Barn years ago, and it has been great!

I love the look of mismatched chairs at the table. It is such a quirky look, and I love anything quirky! However, most of the chairs were found at flea markets or estate sales and they weren't in the best condition. I really feared for people to sit in them sometimes. How tragic would that be, if someone sat down and tumbled to the ground!!? So, I was on the hunt for some fabulous chairs!
I think the new chairs are a showstopper!!! I purchase these chairs at Weir's furniture store. If you live around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area you have heard of Weir's! It is a Christian family owned store and everything they have is to die for!



I took down my beloved curtains and opted for bamboo shades instead. We found these at Lowe's. We lined them with white privacy liners, which was very easy to do, and hung them up! I think it gives the kitchen a more updated and cleaner look.


I still have a lot of red touches in here, but I tried to add more white.  I really wanted a less cluttered look and adding white and taking away some color is a good start.  My father painted that picture for me years ago!  He took some items around my kitchen and set them up and started painted!  Sometimes, I am just amazed at the things he can do!  I took a dingy looking frame and dry brushed it red.


I have mentioned it before, but in case you missed that post, this is NOT real beadboard!!!  It is actually wallpaper made to look like it.  It came in several colors, so it is not the paintable kind.  One day, my man says he will put real beadboard up for me, and I am patiently waiting!


O.k, I don't know why I am showing you this!  I told you I giggled the whole time I had my picture taken!  I couldn't help myself.  I just thought the table and flowers looked pretty.  So ignore the crazy red hair sitting at the table!

So there you have it!  I would love to still add a few more details.  Like white subway tiles and wood flooring!  Right now, God teaches me daily to be content with what I have. It doesn't have to be done all at once.  It is a slow process in the making, and I'm o.k with that.


This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!



If you like this post please check out these past Kitchen Features:

17 comments:

Susan August 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

What an awesome transformation! I absolutely love this kitchen, it is gorgeous!! The painted cabinets are beautiful! I love the counter tops and the dining room is awesome!

Bellawhoop August 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

What a beautiful country remodel! Love the painted cabinets, your grandma's painted table and all of your extra touches. That's definitely something to giggle about!

ritajoy August 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Love, love, love it!!! I, too, prefer the white painted cupboards over stained wood...and that Dining Room is Bee-uu-ti-ful!!! Makes me want to come over for a cup of coffee!:)
ritajoy@harbourbreeze

teresaS August 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

Thanks for the wonderful pics. We're in the middle of a complete redo in our kitchen.I have never liked my wood cabinets either. My husband is building new ones and they'll be white. I also have an old wooden shutter than I had hung above a kitchen window some time ago that I think I will use again after seeing yours! I love the green color on the table, too!

Anonymous,  August 22, 2011 at 7:06 PM  

This transformation is amazing. I did the same thing this summer. I was worried that the oak grain would look funny painted white, but I love, love, love it!! I haven't replaced counter tops yet (not in the budget), but I would totally go with the color granite that you did.....it looks great. And I love what you did with the little table (island)!

InteriorGroupie August 22, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

Wow!! I have the same cabinets and would love for my kithen to look this amazing...paint here i come!

Megan August 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

It looks amazing! Can you give us the deal on how you went about painting the cabinets (what products you used and how you prepped them)? It intimidates me because I want a smooth durable finish.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia August 22, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

I LOVE her kitchen, it's amazing! They worked so hard and the results are increadible, so glad you featured her.
Hope you are having a great week!
XO
Kristin

banclothing August 23, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

The dining chairs make the room for me. I can't believe how modern your cabinets look; painting was definitely the right choice.

AntiqueChase August 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

Very nice kitchen and of course I love her ladder!!! Erin's kitchen is a great choice!

Nan ~ Playful Decor August 23, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Thank you for sharing this - awesome job Erin!! I so need to paint our cabinets! And changing out other features really pulls it together!

Lori August 23, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

Did you skimcoat the cabinets, or is there a woodgrain? I'm in the process of doing the same thing and I've read about people using Bondo but I've never used that before and don't know if it's something I want to do. Any tips?

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas August 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM  

It is beautiful!! I love every single thing! I painted my oak cabinets too and have never regretted it! Those chairs!!! LOVE THEM!!

It's just gorgeous!

Lou Cinda

Jeannie August 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

OMGoodness ... your kitchen is absolutely beautiful! It's one that I would love to have. What colour name are the cupboards (sorry if you've put that info and I've missed it)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP