We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Silhouette Wall Art: Tutorial

22 June 2011



Silhouette Wall Art: Tutorial


I started with a regular 4x6 photo that I printed at walgreens of each of my boys doing one of their favorite activities.  I then cut out each child and placed on my overhead projector.  I know its old school, but it works for me.   I used to go into my children's school and use the schools overhead until I found my own at a garage sale for $5! yeah.  Maybe your hubby's office has one you can borrow?  Use your resources and find one to use, or you can always buy one at office max.  I use mine all the time for projects.



I bought a canvas drop cloth $9 (cheap) at walmart, ironed it nice and smooth and hung on the wall so that I could trace my boys.  I placed each child on the overhead one at a time and positioned it so that each child was the size and placement that I wanted.  Sorry I had a picture, but not sure what happened so use your imagination.


With my overhead shining at my canvas on the wall I traced each child with a pencil.



I then painted each child with some black latex paint.  Let that dry while you cut your boards for your frame.



I made my own frame for this so this is a super affordable, and makes a sizeable piece for an empty wall. I cut the two long boards at 86 in.  I cut 4 boards at 23in.  Get out your power tools ladies!!!  I bought 3 ceder boards at Lowe's because they are lighter and easy to staple.  The boards were 1x2x8.  So it only cost me $11.  I then centered the canvas and began stapling it on tight.  $20 and a little work in an afternoon and you have a personal, conversation piece that your children will all fight over when they are older.

3 comments:

Mel June 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

That's fantastic! You made it look so easy. Thanks for sharing your genius :)

Erin June 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

This is so cute! Even better that it was all done by hand. Love the silhouette of the boys with their dogs. :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP