We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

New Enclosed Loft Space At The Top Of The Stairs

23 June 2011

New Enclosed Loft Space 
At The Top Of The Stairs
 Submitted by Classic Casual Home

At the top of the stairs, we carved out a small home office/retreat area during 
our recent home renovation.  I LOVE IT!  It's light and a bit feminine.


Before, the upstairs was one big master bedroom (below). 

My friend, Debbie suggested we put up a wall and door 
where the half wall was (she's so brilliant). 


The pendant light was a bargain from Overstock.com.  To the right of this door is a cabinet 
with more office storage...a shambles right now.  Perhaps another post someday.

This is the space before.  


Here it is now...



Desk Accessories
On my desk is a Limoges plate that was my maternal grandmother's.
The personalized pencils also make nice gifts.
They come in lots of colors from Oriental Trading. 




The round box is from a Paris flea market and holds paper clips.
Splurge on interesting file folders (sometimes you can find them at TJ Maxx).
It makes getting organized more fun.



My friend, Claire made this custom clip board for me. 
I order notepads you design yourself


This is the corner where I am now.  "Feet up blogging mode."




Thanks for visiting my new office.  Guess I should get back to work 
(right after I finish my tea and check out some other blogs).

KCE5YPH724XR 




12 comments:

The enchanted home June 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

This is gorgeous!! What a fabulous transformation..love your chair fabric and choice of materials..very well done!

Mary Ann Pickett June 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

Thanks, Remodelaholic, for letting me show our new office space. I am writing to you from it now!
Mary Ann

Jess June 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

I absolutely love the chairs in this space! Amazing

www.rebelchildjess.blogspot.com

Unknown June 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

I "crazy" love it!!! It's such a cozy area and perfect for blogging...I absolutely love your desk chair...I've been looking for a chair like that for my desk as well...beautiful!!!

Anonymous,  June 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

This is an outstanding use of space! I love turning that oversided landing into an office. y'all did a great job, very pretty and well appointed. The pendant fixture makes my heart sing :) ~diane

Heather June 23, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

Beautiful! It went from a dated-looking space to a classy little nook. Well done.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP