We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Art Studio: Inspirational Space!

28 June 2011

Hi Everyone...

 Laura here from Bright Bold and Beautiful! I am thrilled to be guest posting for Cassity on Remodelaholic. Today I am sharing my home office / art studio home renovation with you. This bright and cheerful room provides me with so much inspiration each and every day! In the center of the room I created a custom island with wide shelves. I designed it specifically to store my watercolor paper which is 26" by 40". It is movable with casters on the bottom, so I can move it around.


I created a large inspiration board to show my framed and unframed watercolors. I painted the pegboard the same Spring Mint color as the walls. Then I framed the pegboard with white trim for a finished look. This is the focal point of the room and the ultimate organizer.
The entire board measures 5 1/2 feet by 8 feet.

I use bull dog clips hanging on S hooks to display various works in progress.
Click here to see the wall before the renovation.

Over on the side of the room, I put in cabinets to store my supplies, with a dark teal/turquoise laminate top {which really looks like granite}.
Click here for before shot.

My desk is made up of two IKEA Vika Artur trestles and a nice glass beveled edge top. I love my Jules swivel chair as well. Featured on the wall is my original watercolor dress painting.

Another IKEA purchase that holds and protects my prints is the Alex drawer unit on casters. I picked a beautiful light wood flooring. This cleans well {in case I spill some paint} and is functional with all the movable furniture in the room.
 

My best-selling "Summer Breeze" giclee on canvas brings color to the room. These are great to place in a stand on your favorite table, or hang on the wall.

Thank you Cassity for having me on Remodelaholic!



This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers!  We love to share your projects with this great blogging community.  So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in!  
Thanks for reading!




If you would like to see some more craft room inspiration check out these posts:

1 comments:

Panamamama July 1, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

Lovely room! I wish I had the space to do that- would make my family so happy!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP