We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Colorful Blue Laundry Room Makeover

28 June 2011

Colorful Blue Laundry Room Makeover
Submitted by Design Share

My laundry room used to be a bit of an embarrassment....Plain white walls, florescent overhead lighting, storage shelves that didn't fit the space and clutter, clutter, clutter! It was overwhelming to go in there to do the wash, but go in I did, because I had to. The rest of my home is pretty much decorated to the nines, so it really didn't make any sense to NOT do the laundry room. Actually, I have long yearned for this space to be inviting and looking good, it was always just so much easier to close the door and forget about it! Well, not any more. In one weekend, I banished the boring and corralled the clutter into what is now a functional, bright and cheery spot to do a chore we ALL have to do. I just love the color in there now, and it really does make a daily chore that much more pleasant.



This wire shelving unit was waaay too big in here.





It's looking better already!


Isn't this a better use of the space?!


The same room also houses my water heater and air handling unit.........


...but they're nothing a curtain can't conceal! I love soft architecture.


An extra task light helps spot stains for pre-treating.


Details help pull everything together


So, there you go! A laundry room transformed and another room decorated. Simple fixes like changing out the florescent light for a cool moravian star, getting the laundry baskets up off the floor by hanging them on the wall with chunky, silver hooks and adding a few more shelves all staggered to work together for storage in metal bins and bright, cheery baskets. A functional, well organized and great looking laundry room. All in a days work! Just like laundry....

Oh, and check out my latest segment on KVOA channel 4 "Laura's Style File" where I talk more about this laundry room redo. Thanks and please consider following me. It's super easy! All you have to do is click 'follow' in the right sidebar!


You can also check out other laundry room makeovers of past projects:

11 comments:

Holyoke Home June 28, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Amazing! I never would have chosen that blue, but it's perfect in the space because it really *makes* the room! Great job!

Jil Casey June 28, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Great transformation, now there's a laundry room a person would want to be in! Like the shelves/shelf brackets - where did you get those?

banclothing June 28, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

It looks great after; it's almost like you matched the wall colour to the clorox label.

Laura/Hayestone/Design Share June 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

Thanks so much for the feature, Cassity!! I'm still pinching myself...It's fabulous!
~Laura

Laura June 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

It's looks good. I'm crazy about your hanging laundry baskets, would you mind sharing how to do it?

Laura/Hayestone/Design Share June 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

Thanks for the comments, everyone!!
@Jil Casey: the shelves and shelf brackets are from Ikea. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/76696009#/56696109/ You could probably get cheaper shelves/lumber from hardware store, but I was already there so I went with Ikea's shelves!
@Laura: The laundry baskets are hanging on hooks I anchored into the wall. I spaced them out about 12 inches to distribute weight evenly, so each basket uses two hooks. you can find similar here: http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Moen-YB2803BN-Eva-Robe-Hook-Brushed-Nickel/101918/Cat/1104
Hope that helps! thanks again Cassity for a lovely afternoon!
~Laura
hayestone.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP