We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Farmhouse Dining Table

05 May 2011

Beautiful Farmhouse Dining Table by Shelby

Hey everyone! It's Shelby from over at honeysuckle. I am so honored to be guest posting here today! I am new to blogging this year and was super flattered to be asked to share a project on a big, fabulous blog like Remodelaholic! Thanks, Cassity!

Blogging has been a fun, creative outlet for me and a great motivation to start checking off projects from my endless 'to-make' list! Over at honeysuckle, you'll find a place where I express my sense of design, share my adventures in thrifting, spotlight my diy and craft projects, pass along decor inspiration, try new recipes, and document all things lovely. I hope you'll come on over and say hi!

The project I'm going to share with you today is our homemade farmhouse table. This table was born out of frustration of looking for over 9 months for an 8-10 person dining table without a $500+ price tag! I scoured craigslist, made frequent trips to goodwill and other various thrift stores, and even looked at furniture store sales. But with no luck and an ever-growing frustration, my husband decided to try his hand at building us one. Sidenote: this was one of his first-ever building projects, so this can be (and has been) accomplished by beginners in wood-working.

What started as a pile of wood...

...ended up as a gorgeous farmhouse-style table.



A bit about our process: we found basic plans for building a similar table on diy-extraordinaire, Ana White's website, but we changed the style and dimensions to fit what we had in mind. We made our way to Lowe's to purchase all the materials, and then began our table-building adventure!


It was a lot of measuring, 

drilling and cutting,

assembling, 

arguing over dimensions,

planing and sanding (to create that rustic, this-has-been-in-the-family-for-six-generations look we were going for),

staining,

painting,

and then admiring our finished product.


We also used a metal stamping kit to brand our new table that we were oh-so-proud of completing.

When it was all said and done, we completed the project in about a week and the grand total was a little under $100. It's amazing what a little frustration, willpower to save money, and hard work will get you!

We continue to try our hands at diy projects and are always finding inexpensive and thrifty ways to decorate our home, so I'd love it if you stopped over to see me at honeysuckle

Thanks again for allowing me to guest post, Cassity! You're the best!

14 comments:

INdy Girl in Love May 5, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

I am in the same predicament. I am currently searching for a farmhouse, country-kitchen dining table. This gives me the courage to attempt myself. Thanks!

Unknown May 5, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

I love the table, such a great job. Could you come do one for me too? ;P

Patricia @ ButterYum May 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

Awwww!!! I especially love that you stamped and dated the table. Fabulous!!

:)
ButterYum

Shelby May 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

Thanks so much you guys!

Catherine, the stain color is minwax wood finish - dark walnut. Hope this helps!

Homeroad May 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

That is exactly the table I want for my home! I love it! Perfect!
Susan @ homeroad.net

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards May 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

Wow! What a beauty! I'm totally jealous of a table that can hold that many people. Great job!

Erin Branscom May 5, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

I became a new follower of your blog! :) Your redo's are amazing! Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Stephanie May 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

Wow, I just sent this table to my husband begging him to help me build it this weekend. What kind of wood did you use?

Shelby May 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Hey Stephanie! We followed Ana's advice and used pine. It was super inexpensive and you wouldn't belive how heavy and sturdy the table is! Happy building! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP