We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Reuse- Ladder into a Laundry Rack Idea

28 April 2011

Reuse- Ladder into a Laundry Rack Idea by Bec

Hey there!  I'm Bec from Little Lucy Lu, and Cassity has kindly offered to let me guest post on her fabulous blog today.  I'm pretty new to the world of (real) blogging, so this is a huge honor, and I'm so thrilled to be here!

I started Little Lucy Lu shortly after my daughter was born as a way of tracking milestones and important events in her life, but over the last few months, I have kicked it into high gear and have become blog-obsessed!  My blog is a mash up of my life -- being a mom, wife, and kindergarten teacher,  my vintage-inspired style and craft projects, my shopping addiction, living in the country, a recipe here and there, and most importantly - my Little Lucy Lu!  I'd be so happy to have you stop in for a visit sometime!

A few weeks ago, I took an old wooden ladder and made it into a laundry rack ...




... you see, I have this problem called I'm REALLY tall.  I don't put most of my clothes in the dryer, for fear I'll be walking around in pedal-pushers and crop-tops!
I have this other problem called I don't have the biggest laundry room.  And I definitely don't have room for one of those nice, big laundry racks.
But I did have an old wooden ladder ... and a plan.

I had my husband saw the ladder in half (it was about 10 feet long to start with).
 And then, I painted it my latest-paint-color-obsession ... turquoise blue.
I sanded and scuffed up the edges ....
 
... and screwed hooks into four places.  
 Then I took a box of shower hooks ...
 ... and spray painted them cherry red!
My handy, helpful husband used a stud finder, drilled holes, and screwed hooks into the laundry room ceiling....
 ... and hung the ladder using chain I had spray painted the color of our walls.
And here is the finished product!






I've been using my ladder laundry rack for a few weeks now, and it has quickly become one of my favorite things in the house!  
Taking something old and forgotten and turning it into something functional and cute ... and for less than $10 = WINNER! :-)
If you like this project, please leave Cassity some comment lovin' ... and then follow me over to Little Lucy Lu!    

14 comments:

Unknown April 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

I am really tall too and do not put my pants in the drier (for as much as I spend on long pants I do not want to ruin them) this is a great idea, I really wish I had a laundry room to put this in!! Great job.

Kelsey April 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

Genius!!!! I have an old 10 foot wooden ladder too and its just WAITING for this project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anna April 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

What a great idea! It's so pretty too. :)

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Janet April 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

I absolutely LOVE this project! I've seen it a few times now, and everytime I smile! SO SO CUTE!!!

www.iheartmygluegun.com

Bec@littlelucylu April 28, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm excited that some of you may even like the idea enough to do one yourself! :-)
That's so GREAT!!!
~Bec

brooke April 29, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

That looks so cool!!! Love it. And I love that if you get bored of blue you just paint it another color for super cheap. Great idea!

Dre April 29, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

OMG! I do not have a "too tall" problem, because I'm only 5'3", but I still LURRRRVE this project! It is WONDERFUL... as long as I can reach the ladder!

Olga April 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

Great idea Bec! I always have to unfold and fold my laundry rack, but this is a great solution for that!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP