We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

5 Tips for a Fabulous Tablescape

28 April 2011

5 Tips for a Fabulous Tablescape By Jena

Hi, I’m Jena from Involving Color, and I’m SO excited to be here today at Remodelaholic!

Involving Color is a website and blog dedicated to following our home renovation and decorating journey including projects such as renovating our powder room, creating a gallery wall with free prints, overhauling our back yard, and beginning our Ikea kitchen renovation. Plus, we also have easy to browse inspiration galleries of reader submitted rooms organized by room type (e.g. bedrooms, kitchens, etc), room color, and we even have a gallery for painted and refinished furniture.

Our most recent completed project was our dining room reno, and now that it’s done and ready for guests, I had so much fun creating a colorful spring tablescape.

Here's what our dining room looked like before the tablescape treatment:

And here it is after!


Before the candles and black plates just weren't speaking to me. I wanted to jazz it up a bit and add some color, pattern, and texture, and create an overall springy vibe in the room. I'm really happy with how it turned out and have put together a list of five tips to create a fabulous tablescape.



1. Get inspired
Find an inspiration piece to start off your tablescape, whether it is a fun set of appetizer plates, a colorful table runner, or an interesting centerpiece. My inspiration for this tablescape began with the place mats. They were a steal from Pier One (on sale and I had a coupon - score!). I had been wanting to incorporate some golds into the room, and these were exactly what I was looking for.


2. Mix it up
I like to mix and match around the table to avoid a flat matchy look. I used a mix of white plates and colorful pieces to create a bit of interest. Rather than using a matching runner and place mats, I used our existing textured runner that tied into the burlap chandelier shades and our chunky wood sunburst mirror.


3. Use texture and pattern
Create visual interest with texture and pattern. The patterned place mats set the tone for the table. I added texture with the table runner and mosaic glass centerpiece bowl.


4. Create a focal point
The focal point for this tablescape is the centerpiece of apples and lanterns. It’s a mix of glam with the glass mosaic bowl and casual with the white lanterns.


5. Use what you have
A great tablescape doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Most of us have lots of things around the house that can be used. I started with our everyday white dinnerware and used a few colorful pieces I had stowed away in our kitchen to top it off. The centerpiece items were all things we had around the house, and then I finished it up with some fresh green apples (my husband’s favorite!).

Thank you so much, Cassity, for having me today!

2 comments:

Meri April 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Lovely! I often have trouble thinking of ways to make my table beautiful, since more often than not, with kids, it has to be more utilitarian than pretty. lol but I am striving to make the utility and the pretty meet in the middle somewhere!
And I love your placemats, I have those exact ones, the colors are so fab together!!

IAMSNOWFLAKE April 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

Lovely setting! very well suited to the furniture, console table, lamps and stunning pictures on the wall.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP