We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Birthday Request..

07 April 2011

I didn't mention this earlier, but today is my birthday!!  

YEA FOR ME!  
I am turning 30!
(Actually, thanks Mom - 
She had an 11 lb baby she deserves an award!
and yes I was 11 lbs, I hope I don't get paid back for that!!)

Since it is my birthday, I was hoping I might ask for a little gift from you all... I just got an email from my former sister in law Stephanie and I thought I would forward it on to you all if you are feeling charitable, let me explain a little about this.

11 years ago this month my family suffered an awful loss.  My brother and his wife were expecting their first child.  They had the most beautiful baby boy I have ever seen in my life.  Our hearts were all broken when we found out that Nathan was born with a spinal malformation that paralyzed him from the neck down.  This malformation also destroyed the center of his brain that controlled breathing and as a result he lived for only 15 days.



As a new mother myself, my heart can hardly comprehend what this loss must have been like for my brother and sister in law.  The only relief can possibly come from God and even with his support it is hard to understand such a trial.  But we do believe that we will get to be with him again, and are so thankful for our Savior that has made that possible.

In honor of my nephew and to raise money for research on spinal injuries my sister in law is running a marathon this year.  Here is what her email said:


Hello dear family and friends-
I am running another marathon this fall and am raising money for the Christopher Reeve Organization. As many of you know, my son, Nathan Kimball Oertle, was born 11 years ago this Saturday. He was born with a spinal cord injury that baffled the doctors. No one knew what was wrong with him until 4 months after his death. From autopsy, we were able to determine that he had a malformation of the spine. Due to the rare instance of this kind of malformation, articles have been written by his physician in the past few years. 

This year, I will run the marathon in support of research in this complicated area. I have set a fundraising goal. I am hoping that I can exceed it! 

This year, when I cross the finish line, I will have raised awareness of the quality of life, as well as frequency of these injuries.  In addition to my son, my own cousin was paralyzed in his teen years from playing football. These injuries are more frequent than we know! 1 in 50 people is affected by such an injury and/or paralyzation. Please help me support this cause and visit my webpage for further information!!!
Thank you all. Please forward this on to anyone I may have missed or you think might donate! If everyone donated just $10-$25, I would reach my goal in an hour!!! And, don't forget, your donation is tax deductible!
Love,
Steph

I would love to see if we can help her reach or exceed her goal.  If you have anything to spare from a dollar to whatever I would be thankful to you for helping out.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light April 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

Cassity, I am so sorry about your sweet baby nephew.

Hoping you have a happy birthday today surrounded by your own little ones!

Creative Escapes April 7, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

Happy Birthday to you!!

What a sad story about your nephew! I can't imagine that pain either. What a strong woman your SIL is.

Michell @ Girl In Air April 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

Saturday...I turn 41! That means I turned 30 the day Nathan was born!

Happy Birthday to you! I'm off to donate!

Cat April 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

Well happy birthday! It is the big 31 for me in a couple of weeks (I would much rather be turning 30 :)). I am so sorry to hear of your nephew...heartbreaking! I completely applaud your sis-in-law...wow, what a go getter!

Anonymous,  April 7, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

Sending happy birthday wishes to you Cassity :) Blessings to your family. -diane

Michelle April 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

Wanna know something crazy? I turn 30 today, too!!! Yay for turning 30!!! Luckily for my mom, I wasn't 11 lbs . . . haha!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP