We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Looking forward...

02 February 2011

Well I got through cleaning out my inbox before my daughter woke up, and since she is still asleep I thought, "Well might as well get all philosophical or something and write down some thoughts."


I have two-ish weeks to go till my due date.  Which means I will have a brand new baby to love on and be responsible for- and neglect my blog because of (kidding, of course never fear, the blog will still be here!) .  I am excited and scared.  I had expectations when I had my first about what I thought she would look like (that maybe she might have one of my genes in her...uh, sorry no!)

When they told me they could see a full head of black hair, I was like Wha...? (my husband and I both have dark blonde/ light brown hair)

But I wouldn't change her for the world, she is perfect and I adore the miniature of her daddy running around my house!  With this baby (Lydia), I am just waiting to see what, who and how she will be.  So, much of it comes with them all wrapped up in their little personalities...

Not to sound ungrateful, but I am also super excited to have the use of my body back.  During my pregnancies I have about 3 months of a window where I don't feel either

A. Like up-chucking everything (pretty picture I know)or
B. Like my ribs and back are going to explode from the inside-out.

I have hit a wall in the last two weeks and just haven't been able to go any further on projects, but I am trying to force myself to do what I can to clean, cook, shop and just get ready.

But when the baby comes, and after we get through with the initial shock and awe of change... I have a few things I would really like to do.  I thought I might mention some of these things.

1.  Decorate Etta's Big Girl Room !  I am excited about this, with her nursery I tired to not be too girly, but forget that, I am going for girly this time!

Some inspiration images:


Sorry for no sources, I have had them in my file of ideas for a while!
(hint, it may contain a canopy, and will probably be kinda girly!)



2. Make a Faux Mantel (or two - if that is not overkill!)

I have had a faux mantel in the plans for about a year.  Now that the living room is almost done, I really want to get made.  And I am thinking it may just be a "me" project.  Where I leave the Mister watching the kids and spend a few gloriously baby free hours in the garage!

Some inspiration:

source unknown


3. Slip cover our upstairs couches.  We got these great sturdy Ethan Allan Couches from a friend for 50.00.  They are such a heaven sent little gift for our family room, I just really want to step away from the green.  And I am not a fan of prints, and this has one.  So when ever they can get recovered would be great!

As seen under Etta and me in this picture:

To something like these:



4.  Finish blogging backlogged projects!!!!  I have no idea when I am going to do this, but I really have some awesome projects(well at least awesome to me), so I am sure they need to be shared.

Some that might look like this 
(I love that you can see the age of my projects by the age of the child pictured therein!)







5. Do some more decorating for holidays, I have not done anything in the last few months besides put up 2 Christmas trees- which was a feat in itself)  Since Lydia is due the week of Valentines, I am sure that nothing is going to happen much for this holiday either, but I am missing blogging about it!

If you want some inspiration from last year's Valentines Day; Week... go here.



6. Revamp the nursery- that I never actually finished- gasp of horrified terror.  Okay, so technically Lydia will be in the bassinette for 3 months or so, and then (Despicable me- side note SEE THIS MOVIE!) probably the play pen for another few months after that.  I am thinking we might transition Etta into a big girl bed around 2 (so that would be July) and I don't want to have to buy another crib between now and then, we will see if I want her in a crib longer than that or not!

Here are some inspiration shots:
(source: Life in the Fun Lane)
** I already have the lanterns over the crib which I still  love, but I might add a few of these tissue paper balls, and group them more instead of having them randomly hung like I have now!

Also, there are technically only 2 things on the walls, and a few changes in furnishings,
that I need to learn how to deal with!

Okay, that is it for now.  
Here is hoping that I go into labor TODAY!

8 comments:

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY February 2, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

Now that is quite a list! All of your inspiration photos are gorgeous and Im sure whatever you set you mind to will turn out beautiful as usual :0)

Paige @ Little Nostalgia February 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM  

That's a big list to tackle after Lydia is born! (By the way, that's what I plan on naming my future daughter--great choice!) Cant' wait to see how everything turns out.

Laree February 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Sending some nice labor pains your way (left over from my labor a year ago!)
Hope she comes fast and as painless as possible!

Molly Anne February 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

What beautiful inspiration! Wishing you a quick and easy labor! And the sooner the better, right? :)

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles February 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Wow, that's a lot on your plate! The inspiration rooms are beautiful! One suggestion: transition Etta to her big-girl bed BEFORE you need the crib (unless you end up getting another crib, of course). Our first outing after our son was born (many moons ago), our daughter had a major temper tantrum when we put him in "her" carseat. It didn't matter that we were giving her a new big-girl seat- she hadn't used it before, and that baby was in her seat!

Cassie Bustamante February 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

i was secretly wondering when you would share the nursery??? finish so we can see!
and i love the inspiration for etta's room- gorgrous! so girly and romantic and fun!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP