We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

DIY Chair Makeover Under $50

22 February 2011

DIY Chair Makeover Under $50
contributed by Daniele Oakey Interiors

i finally finished my chair makeover.
it sure is harder than it looks.
i started this makeover about 4 months ago.
i quickly painted, removed the existing fabric, and began to re-upholster.
then i got frustrated, so i stopped.
the torn up chair sat in the corner of my living room piled high with fabric and batting.
it haunted me daily.

then my mom arrived and 3 hours later, it was DONE!
what a relief.


i still need to finish stuffing the seat and back cushion but i am SO excited to be almost done i couldn't wait to share.

i am in love.
much better than a pile of fabric in the corner!

project cost:
chair - $15.00
main fabric -$9.00
back fabric- $12.00
white paint - free (already had)
batting - $3.00 (40% off coupon at joanns)
trim - $3.50 (40% off coupon at joanns)
total: $42.50


i am so excited about how the back turned out.
i love the unexpected pattern.

what do you think?

18 comments:

NicPic Photography February 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

love it!! Also love the chevron curtains!! Please tell me where they are from!! they are fantastic!!

Homeroad February 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

Your chair came out beautifully! I love that the fabric on the back of the chair is different. I noticed that you didn't use piping on the chair and I'm so happy to see how nicely it came out without it! I'm going to give it a try. I have a similar chair that I just painted white! Thanks for showing me the way!
Susan

3krazychics February 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

The chair turn out fab! I get so excited to see these kind of makeovers and want to try one myself. I still have yet to do that. I get a little nervous, that I'll be in the middle of it and get so frustrated that I'll give up! sigh, sigh!

driftwoodesign February 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

I love that chair it had great solid lines and now it sings. I especially like the back fabric. Keep up the great work!
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

One Cheap B*tch February 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM  

LOVE! I can't believe the transformation. I've probably walked past chairs like these a million times without seeing the potential. You can bet I'll do a double-take next time for sure! Nicely done!

Jeanine

Bella @ Bella before and after February 22, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME,,, you always feature the most AWESOME blogs, and projects. Thanks for introducing us to this wonderful lady, she is awesome.

Hugs,

Bella :)

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 February 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

I am in love with that chair and the pillow! I want to find a chair like that and redo it for my office. I am on the hunt!

Anonymous,  February 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

What a great transformation! I love the fabric on the back.

Jill @ Craft in a Northern Town February 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

I'd love to know how you did the back fabric and the back of the chair. I have the exact same chair that I plan on redoing, but I have no idea how to do that part! Looks great!

Type A Ramblings May 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Great job. Have you thought about adding some tufting detailing to the back cushion? It looks like it would be relatively easy to do. I did this with my headboard and also some pillows with success. Where did you get the fabric used on the drapes?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP