We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Was Dining Room Now Living Room

20 December 2010

Was Dining Room Now Living Room
party highlight by The Painted Home


prepare for the longest post for the smallest room in history...

When we moved into our home this past July this room was the dining room.
But, since I wanted to seat lots of people I switched the dining room to the living room.
Now we have a good size dining room and this little room we call the den.


this room used to look like this


yes, very red.
But with a little time, and even less money it has become one of my favorite rooms in the house.


it's perfect for morning time, when the kids first wake up.
they grab a juice or whatever and head to the den. {it's right next to the kitchen, which you may never see pictures of}


love this little table, which I found in the trash and painted white.
The lamp base was also a trash find, with a shade left over from the previous homeowners {cover in burlap with hot glue}.


I'm currently addicted to these little flowers which I learn how to make from Emily at 
Jones Design Company.




see, teeny


this was the original dining room chandelier.  I spayed it black satin 
{while it was still hung}


shades 99 cents from Lowes with clothesline trim


Armoire from my son's room in our other house.


yes, another trash find {4 of them}


Grocery sign my girls made with sharpie markers
You can see a peek of red wall paper below the sign from before the bead board was installed.
{Painting over wallpaper is a whole 'nother post people}




Brown ticking panels, now living their 3rd round of life in a whole new spot.



Soft seagrass-ish rug I just snagged at IKEA for a steal.
{but for reason of "creative financing" I'm pleading the 5th on the actual cost}


Green shutters I love, and yes, found in the trash.
{I think I might need to start a service where I drive people around on trash days and show them all the good trash spots, right?}


{ L O V E }

12 comments:

Dorothy December 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

I think that service would be great =). Haha, here in NM we don't have large trash days, you have to take everything to the dump that doesn't fit in the trash bin so I can't find trash like that here...very sad.

the old white house December 20, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

What a great room! Finding things in the trash and then being able to make them so fabulous is a wonderful talent to have, your family is lucky that you possess such a talent! I could totally relate to you spray painting the chandi while it was still hanging, I would have done the same thing, once I get an idea in my head I want it done right now, no waiting for silly things like taking a light fixture down! Merry Christmas! Theresa xoxo

Lisa December 20, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

I'm loving all the natural elements in your room and the black french doors are gorgeous!

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

I don't know where to begin. What a great transformation! Love the shutters, drapes, cabinet and chair. Okay, all of it! Nice transformation!

xx,
Michelle

Patricia @ 9th and Denver December 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I recently saw this room when she posted it-- I loved it. So comfy and cozy. I can see why she likes it too.
Any room your kids can gather in while your in the kitchen slaving away is a good room. One I on the cooking and one eye on the kiddos. Perfect!

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 December 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Beautiful! I love the colors that were used and I especially love the burlap covered lampshade.

autumn December 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

loved this post! so inspiring to turn trash and bargains into a functional, beautiful room.

Bree Flake February 4, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

you are amazing! Seriously I just stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did! Please take me trash shopping with you some day!

karen February 14, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

This den is beautiful. Everything about it is warm and cozy, without giving up style.

What paint color & make is on the walls? (please share!!)

Krista June 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

I love your room! I actually found it by googling "dining room becomes living room". We have the same exact setup for our dining room. What an encouragement you are! I love your little chair with the flowers. Is that a slip cover?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP