We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Crazy About A Porch

21 December 2010

Crazy About A Porch

Pear and apple branches were picked from my dad's garden.
With ivy hanging from the copper chandelier, I chose a simple pewter bowl to hold some beautiful seashells.
I am crazy about the rust and green color of these fruits!  They look so nice in a small copper bowl.
I love the pouty look of this little guy.
My grandmother's broach dresses up this flea market mirror.  I made the letter 'T' by hot gluing moss on to a wooden letter purchased at Hobby Lobby.
The monogrammed burlap ETSY pillow was a gift from friends and lends a casual feel to the porch.
The rattan table was an antique mall find.  I love the color and texture of rattan and bamboo.
The vintage honey pot holds a small ivy plant.  We have honey bees, so this was a great find at the flea market!
The old wooden box is a beer crate (see below.)  I used it to hold different kinds of drinks.
The copper chandelier is hung with some twisted copper purchased from Home Depot.
And the rain came... oh, the quiet sound of the rain.  This is the reason I love a screened porch.
I rearranged things for our dinner.  Here are a few 'before' pictures.
The cafe' table was purchased at Pier 1 years ago.  The cushions were an 'end of the season' sale at Anthropologie.
These are some 'before' pictures...before we closed in the porch.
We just added this porch about two years ago, because we had a leak in the room below, and an engineer suggested a covered porch might fix the problem!  It has fixed the problem and now we can enjoy sitting outside on the porch, once again!  We rarely used this space before the transformation! Some of the changes we made included adding a roof, new tile, and beaded board, fans, and lights to the ceiling.  Cedar beams are the supports for the porch.  We reused the iron railing as a barrier and added the screens.  We used a contractor for the major renovation of adding the roof, and my husband did most of the wiring and staining of the ceiling and beams and tearing out the old tile floor.  My challenge was to make it feel like another 'room' in our house!  We love being outdoors, so this is our favorite space!

4 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle December 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

It's one beautiful porch! :) I just love, love. love it! :) Thanks for sharing.

Adin B

Ms. Bake-it December 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Oh wow! I am in porch love! What a great transformation and fabulous job decorating it. I love the urn with the candles. I have not seen anything like that before.

~ Tracy

Nuha December 21, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

so jealous!! i love porches and this one is absolutely gorgeous and cozy! xoxo

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP