We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

29 December 2010

Guest Living Room Tour
contributed by 

Last year, with Kelly’s Korner hosting “Show Us Your Home”, I did all kinds of posts on all theun-finished rooms in our house. Then I made a tab at top of the blog labeled “New House Progress” and upon inspection the other day I realized, “ICK! These rooms look awful! That’s not how my house still looks?!”
There is little “progress” depicted there. I need to update y’all ASAP.
 
It would be pitiful if you actually thought our office still looked like this. SCARY even. {I can’t believe I even provided that link for you!} The office isn’t even in that same room anymore, that’s actually  {I believe} a lovely guest bedroom now. But how would you know with such a bad blogger as a friend?
 
I apologize and will now set about making it right, one room of our “2010 House Tour” at a time. {Because I know my house will never actually be finished, just as I will tell you my future plans for this room at the end of the post, surely there will be a 2011 House Tour =) }
 
We spend far too much time in this room for it not to be a relaxing and peaceful place, decorated just how we I like it to look and feel.

Nick doesn’t offer much in the decorating department, except to support me. Though he will stand up against something he truly doesn’t like, such as the pretty multi-colored Ralph Lauren flowered sheets I bought for our bedroom {gorgeous and ON SALE}. Though we do still own them, I like to think it’s a compromise that they get alternated with the other sheet pattern we have for the bed on wash day. He’s more apt to declare the sheets need cleaning and wash themhimself if he gets to take the flowered ones off!

I get sidetracked so easily. Back to the family room.
I’ve done a lot of writing on putting together this one room, thus this particular post is full of links galore to other related posts.
 
Like a post dedicated to choosing the paint color, Blue Twilight by Valspar.
And several posts about the painting process itself, which took many long woman hours, between my mother-in-law and myself. {Yes, I love my MIL!} We finally finished and I started talking about decorating my blank canvas and had to run some ideas by my readers to help me decorate the space.
 
Well here it is, our little family room.
{OR our “living room” depending on where you’re from ;)}

IMG_4886

Looking in from the front door of our house: entryway table is an antique from Nick’s grandmother, small black African statues from a family friend of Nick’s, and lamps are one of my most prized finds from Goodwill! Lampshades from Wal-Mart.
 
IMG_4888

Entering into the kitchen from the family room, I love this verse and thought this was a great place for our daily reminder of what is truly important in this life.
 
IMG_4895
IMG_4899

We ordered the couch from Haverty’s, the rug is from Overstock. This is a fantastic rug at a great price – I’m gaga over rugs from Overstock. I’ve always lucked into great quality from them and have at least 6 rugs in our house ordered from Overstock.
 
Sadly, several readers have tried to find this rug themselves on their website and haven’t had any luck since. It’s a grab while you can kind of a place.
 
IMG_4900

Speaking of, I just realized I didn’t take a photo of the entryway rug, so here’s a quick camera phone picture. {Also from Overstock.}
 
entry rug

Paintings from Marshall’s. Not ecstatic about them, but they’re good for now. Still on the lookout for some “real” art for this wall.
 
IMG_4902

Mirror above mantel from Homegoods.
 
IMG_4904
IMG_4907

Silver lantern from TJ Maxx.
 
IMG_4908

These 2 little lanterns came from a yard sale a couple of weeks ago.
Love me some deals =)
 
IMG_4911
 
End table: 5 bucks at an auction. Lamp: free from my momma. Both spray painted and lampshade recovered by me.
 
lamp
IMG_4915

Coffee table bought at a thrift store and spray painted by yours truly.
 
IMG_4920

Love this clock from Hobby Lobby!
 
IMG_4927

He always Houdini’s himself into my pictures. He’s a little attention hungry, this one.
 
IMG_4934

Keepin’ it real: can you see the socks we always look for under the couch before doing laundry? I have no idea what attention hungry little animal would love to munch on some dirty socks under the couch in hiding…
 
IMG_4936

I got the white bowl for a quarter at an auction =) Loving these little flowers planted in it right now!
 
IMG_4937

Branch-candle-thingy from TJ Maxx, apothecary jars from Homegoods.
I love changing up the mantel for Holidays – check the “Seasonal Decor” tab up top on the blog for more pictures of it through out the year.
 
IMG_4946

Birdcage for another quarter or two at the auction. It use to be black and rusty and gross until Igave it a little lovin.
 
IMG_4949

This use to be a living tree untill we killed it… now it’s spray painted remnants rest in my living room with crystals and photos hanging from it – post to come on this one!
 
IMG_4953
IMG_4955
IMG_4980-1

This is the hallway from the living room back to the bedrooms and office. I just bought this rug and it’s match {you can see starting around the corner} from RugSale.com. Hendrix finds it to be a great resting place for  a busy little guy like himself.
 
IMG_4960

and of course, because a room is never really finished, I will soon be adding drop cloth curtains to the family room!
 
dropcloths
 

Don’t give me that same confused look my mom and husband did – go read here to see some other’s beautiful examples. It’s really tres chic, ya know.
 
Thanks for touring! More rooms to come shortly. 

7 comments:

Danielle December 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

I had no idea this was your blog too! I've been following this one for a couple months now and I never knew! So talented!!

Danielle December 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Okay, so I'm a little slow. I know see that she was just a guest poster! Disregard my previous comment (:

Junking and Painting January 2, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

do you happen to know what sofa name is at haverty's? i went to link, but there are so many, i wasn'nt sure which one...love your room!

Robyn January 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

Love the drop cloths! I have a pair hanging in my entry. I also added a section to the top of a couple of shower curtains that I have made into drapes for my dining room. Cheap and pretty!

imperfectnest.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP