We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Homemade Big Girl Bed and Bedroom Reveal

29 December 2010

Homemade Big Girl Bed and Bedroom Reveal
contributed by Mine For The Making


My fantastically talented hubby (who can do almost anything...pretty much the super hero in our family) decided to build Luci her toddler bed over the summer. I found pictures online for inspiration and he used her crib mattress to get an idea for measurements. Would you like to see how it turned out? Luci and I are {in love} with the results!!


Big Girl Bed
The greatest part about this bed is that it cost us NOTHING to build. The Mr. used the leftover wood he purchased to build my craft nook. The stain/paint was left over from when we refinished L's dresser (that was my childhood dresser...post to come soon).
The pink butterflies on the headboard and footboard are from Dollar Tree. I glued them on with E3600 glue.
Recognized those pillows? Those were the easy, girly decorative pillows I sewed for L.

I thought it would be really cute if we added glass knobs to the posts of her bed. Really dresses it up a bit, don't you think? I got all 4 knobs at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. 
Remember the vinyl canvas art I made for L's room?

Here are a few other photos of L's big girl bedroom...
Here is the top of L's dresser that we refinished. I painted the wooden letters that spell out her name, too.
L's bookshelf was given to us and used to be baby blue with yellow polka dots. Cute but definitely didn't match, so I repainted that too. Notice her bow holder and the cute watering can?
This is where we do bedtime stories. The rocking chair was given to us and is on my list of things to re-do. It needs to be repainted and the cushions need to be recovered. Notice the dollar store wall art hung above the rocking chair?

How do you think her room turned out?! It's not quite finished, but almost! She really loves her big girl bed and adjusted so well to it. Did I mention how wonderful my hubby is? He also painted her entire room and laid the wood floors. Gotta love me a hard working man!
I am linking L's big girl bed and bedroom reveal to the lovely link parties listed in the "Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page. Come follow me to the fun parties this week!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

This looks great! I love the dark wood amongst all of the pink- it really grounds the room and gives it a little elegance, especially with the cute glass knobs! Bravo!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP