We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Great Blue and Brown Bedroom Design

29 September 2010

This party link is so great we had to show it off!  It is from Cindy at Cottage Instinct's great blue and brown bedroom, and she has a great blue and brown link party with this post ( I think the link up is closed but there are great projects to see) you should go check out!
Ok, ready?  I’m gonna share my BLUE & BROWN bedroom.  We’ll call it a psuedo-reveal because I’ve shown it to you before, and I mostly just rearranged stuff, moved stuff in, moved stuff out, and vacuumed.  But I did make (or am in the process of making) stuff too, so I’ll point those things out as we take the tour.

Ta da!  I didn’t paint or sand or do anything to the thingamabob….I just backed it with some tan/beige fabric using a staple gun, then hung a twig wreath I found in the black hole of my cra(p)ft room with some clearanced blue linen.  Kept the edges raw.  Just because.  I’m darn happy with the outcome.  Darn happy.IMG_3198

So below is the view going into my bedroom.  We moved the antique corner hutch and dresser from the family room back here.  I took the curtains and rod from the dining nook,  and pinned on added some more of that clearanced blue linen to the bottom ‘cause they were a wee bit on the short side…also plan on adding a bamboo-ish shade in the near future.

IMG_3212

Coming around the corner, you can see my quick fix closet doors.  Ick.  Hate ‘em, but I haven’t found a solution I like.

IMG_3187

I set up a clothes dumping ground little reading corner with my white rattan chair.  I covered the seat with the same fabric I lined the back of the thingamabob.  The bookshelf was a thrift find from last fall.  Today she finally got cleaned, sanded, painted, distressed, and glazed.
  
IMG_3188

Here’s the view when I turn around.  Let’s see….there’s the ruffled pillow cases I made awhile back with some vintage sheets, a couple quilted shams from Walmart, and that striped sham (quilted floral on the other side)  everyone emailed me about.

IMG_3189

See how perfectly lined up my side table lamps are?  I cheated by sticking some of my hubby’s vintage books under my side so they’d be the same height.  See the beige blanket at the end of the bed?  Just several yards of fabric I hope to make into a throw eventually.  I’m such a cheater.

The nightstand is actually my gramma’s old sewing storage thingy.  She painted and glazed it back in the 50’s.  A perfect turquoise!

IMG_3228

Close up of my reading corner.  Wasn’t my hubs a cute baby?  The top shelf are old Landmark History books.  I removed the covers to find all different colors.  I took the pale blue/greens and pale beiges. 
 IMG_3207

Close up of my handiwork out in the garage this morning…..

IMG_3209

View from the reading corner to hubby’s side of the bed.  His bedside table also traveled the wilds of our hallway, coming from the family room (yes there’s furniture in the family room.  That will be another post though…..)  That nightstand as well as the dresser were in my bedroom growing up.  ‘Tain’t never selling or painting them.  Nevah evah.  Oh, and I love to decorate with cords.  *rolling eyes*

IMG_3217

Love my simple wreath.  I fiddled with the colors so you could see the right shade of blue….but gave up.  Just know it’s perfection.  

IMG_3204

Looking back across to the corner hutch, which also sat in my mama’s house as I grew up.

IMG_3218

Filled it with some big ole pitchers (comodes?), some tiny pitchers and some vintage pitchers….er, pictures of hubs and me as kids.  Not crazy about the arrangement, but dude, the party was about to start.

IMG_3206

Weren’t I a cutie?  How ‘bout that black and yellow bathing suit, eh?  

IMG_3225

Up top I stuck my chippy wicker vase and a vintage basket that belonged to my mama with dried hydrangeas from her garden.  Please ignore the nasty ceilings.  They definitely do not say ‘cottage instincts’.  They say ‘cottage cheese’.  Bleck.

IMG_3224

Now here are a pair of chippy old windows that I’ve never figured out what to do with.  I’ve decided they’re getting hung in here.  That’s that.  The fabric is a remnant I think I like.  Just checking.  Might stick it behind the glass.  Or something.

IMG_3214   
Again, using some vintage books that belonged to my hubs when he was a kiddo to prop up some silk fallishness in a thrift store vase.

IMG_3219    
And that’ll do pig it for the bedroom.  
Now I linked this post up to Jen’s place today too ‘cause she’s having a hook up your hutch party.  Unfortuately she’s gonna have to scroll thru lots of pics to see my hutches, but I’m hopin’ she won’t mind.  Do ya Jen?
So here's my other hutch in the dining nook.  My kitchen is painted the same color as my bedroom, so I get to play with blues and browns in here too :)  This wee hutch was a craigslist find.   It’s a perfect fit….love.

IMG_3229IMG_3232

I’m slowly filling it with toned down fall colors, and the whole thing just looks delish against my blue walls.  I’m considering repainting the back the same blue or a titch darker blue than the walls.  Dunno.  Bigger fish to fry right now.

IMG_3234

And there ya have it.  My blue and brown bedroom and a wee bit of my blue and brown kitchen.

Now I want to see what YOU all came up with. Can't wait!  Pass me the blue and brown M & M's please.
IMG_3193

I love the soft colors and especially love the corner cabinet, it looks so great!  What is your favorite part of the room?

6 comments:

Candy September 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

THis room looks so peaceful. I love the soft colors and all the personal touches. Hydrangeas are my absolute favorite too. Love it.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style September 29, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

I've only recently found (and loved) (and followed) your blog but it's a firm favourite! So much inspiration! Thank you. :-)

cindy September 29, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Well, let's see. My favorite part is that I finally got around to doing it :)

Thanks so much for the feature....it's awesome to see your work published on other's blogs. Affirming and head-swelling. Love it. Needed that today!

Faith's Place September 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

I love the calming colors. The corner hutch is a wonderful idea in the room. I also have one similar that I may have to put in a bedroom now that I see how awesome it looks!!! nice job!

Chrissie September 29, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

What a lovely room. Beautiful! I love all of the personal touches and great furniture too!

Johnna September 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I LOVE the corner hutch! Such a great size and so lovely! I also love the wall color, wonder what the name of it is! hmm

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP