We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Ethan Allen Bedroom Set, Furniture Redo!!

28 September 2010

This project that was linked to our last party is quite beautiful!  I love how updated the pieces look now with just a few simple changes- it is very inspiring!  Thanks to all the work Melanie at The Frosted Gardner has done to them(and of course her husband!)!  

(p.s. I am not positive, but I think she sells these pieces so if you are interested check out the link above! and I am sure they would love to talk to you about it)

Dimensions:
9 Drawer Dresser: 72" Wide . 32" Tall . 18.5" Deep
5 Drawer Dresser: 38" Wide . 50" Tall . 18.5" Deep
Nightstand: 26" Wide . 25" Tall . 16.5" Deep
Queen / Full Headboard: 60" Wide . 48" Tall
Mirror: 51" Wide . 40" Tall

Before
After
We just refinished this complete queen / full five piece bedset in our classic black. It has a chunky look with beadboard on the drawers and crowned with an umbrella wood detail on each top drawer. We have replaced all of the hardware with oil rubbed bronze knobs and pulls. As you can see through comparing the before and after pictures we have filled in the flower detail design. We find alot of pieces with these whether they are floral or wheat but I think that they somewhat date the piece and always opt to fill them in for a more clean crisp look.

Before
After
When we first saw the set the first thing that caught my attention was the detail on the drawers. I love the distressed beadboard style and I knew once we got some paint in those crevices that the detail would start popping. And I think it really did!
BeforeThis little nightstand provides two more drawers for extra storage. I always like the chunky molding at the bottom of dressers. It gives such a solid base for the rest of the piece.
BeforeAfterAs you can see we made a few cosmetic changes to the headboard. Mike filled in the flower details plus he also added extra backing so you can only see the wall between the posts on the end. I think that both of these changes are a huge improvement and really updates the look.
BeforeWe made a few cosmetic changes on the mirror as well. We filled in the flower detail and pulled off the shelves. I have to admit I am not a fan of shelves on the frame of a mirror. I think it is very distracting and takes away from the space that a mirror can create. This new mirror is going to look beautiful placed above the nine drawer dresser. Once again I enjoy seeing the beadboard running down the sides! Can never have enough of that stuff!
It really goes to show that you can really bring any piece back into style with the right eye! 
(and MAD skillz of course!)

6 comments:

cindy September 28, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

Melanie and her hubs do amazing furniture transformations! Love every piece.

CollyWolly September 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

I've just started following your blog and I've been enjoying seeing so many interesting transformations and reusage of furniture and other creative items. How do you "fill in" the floral (or other) designs? I thought that was a major part of what made this remodel look really good.

The Frosted Gardner September 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Hey Cassity,

Thanks for spotlighting our bedset. I was very happy with how this one turned out! What a nice surprise to pop over here and see it. Thanks for all of your great ideas, inspiration, and linky parties! Love this blog!

Melanie @ The Frosted Gardner

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes September 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Wow, that was a lot of work, it's making me think about a few pieces that I have - good job!

Laura September 29, 2010 at 4:14 AM  

Hi, I just love how the black paint looks on your furniture; it looks great and I have really been attracted to black pieces lately. What a great blog you have!
Laura c xxx

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP