We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Shabby Chic Painted Frames Used As Art

17 August 2010

Katie at Impatiently Praying For Patience has made shabby chic painted frames used as art for hanging a memory of her dad.


Not long after dad passed away I won this print 
from Hope Ink.



It was one of dad's favorite verses.
I wanted to hang it over my bed.
I have a million and a half frames in my basement, none of them are for a picture that is 12x12.
I have been thinking about building my own frame, but I was too much of a scaredy cat.
Then when mom and I made the frame for her bathroom mirror gave me a little more confidence.
It still took me a couple of months to put my big girl panties on and just do it.

And here she is.



The tutorial will come later this week.
But after making it, I realized that it still too small to go above our bed. Doh!
Back to the basement I went and found this bad boy.




I don't know the exact size, but it is almost to my shoulders.
I am 5'2" so all you math experts...what does that make it?
I kind of went with the same techique as with the frames above my guest bed and painted it.



Then wiped on and wiped off glaze.
And upstairs I went to hang up these babies above the bed.
And found out that our stud finder was broken.



It's like swiss cheese for the walls.
Luckily, since I was not in the mood to spackle all that, the frame covered up all those holes.



Our bedroom is looking a little less like a plain gray box. 



One day I will make one of those headboard thingys.




And get some pretty pillows.

It is all on my wish list.

Along with a finished basement, it will all come in due time.




Until then I will enjoy my two for one frame job.



What a nice way to highlight a good memory! 
What do you think?

10 comments:

Anne August 17, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

I love that! I just tried to re-spray paint some frames. I had spray painted them shiny black a few months ago and today on a whim I decided I wanted them to be ivory. The results were... less than good. LOL I think I'm going to try some kind of treatment like that to make them look shabby chic instead of just plain shabby. ;)

Annie Louise August 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

This looks terrific. Keep us posted as the bedroom comes along--love the color on the walls and the way the white frames make this beautiful saying even more prominent.
Jeanette

Jessica @ Decor Adventures August 17, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

Nice! Love the color on the walls. I'm curious about your glaze color and technique, can't wait to see that.

emily hope August 17, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

I love what Katie did with this - thanks for sharing it! Oh, and I linked to you on hope ink's facebook page :)

Tales From My Empty Nest August 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

That is one of my favorite verses. I love the way you re-did the gold frame. The 2 frames look great hanging together above the bed. Love & blessings from NC!

Marty August 17, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

I really like what you did with the frame. Dontcha just love it when something covers up all those nail holes??? lol

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com August 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

I big double love that! What a cute idea. I love that it mixes new and old. So pretty!

xox
Jen

The Gallery Gal August 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

It looks great! I love the frame within a frame idea and the treatment is beautiful! I'm actually doing a similar frame within a frame project for a client. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP