We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Complete Half Bath Remodel: Guest

18 August 2010

This little party link is such a gem the room is totally perfect now ( and I think I like it even more because it reminds me of our very first bathroom remodel), and what makes it even better is the fact that the before was so incredibly hideous!  I love a good healthy complete makeover like this one, so I must thank the good  people at Cozy.Cottage.Cute Check out what she had to say about it:


I am so, so, so excited to finally have a real room reveal. Since we moved in 4 years ago, we have slowly been fixing up many of the rooms in our home. However, until today we had yet to completely makeover a room from start to finish.

Compared to most of the other rooms we've worked on, this reno was a bit crazy. Alex ripped so much of this bathroom out that I could pass him tools through the floor while he was in the basement. Um, yeah. Scary. I am very proud to say that Alex built the whole thing back up again. He did all of the plumbing, electrical, tiling, beadboard, crown moulding, and trimwork all by himself on evenings and weekends. I can take credit for choosing the fixtures, finishes, paint colours, and accessories, but Alex basically did all of the important stuff. He's the man!

Before I show off share some of the after photos, please take a moment to take in how utterly beautiful our half-bath was when we first moved in (double click to enlarge all photos).

And now I present to you our lovely, shiny, new powder room!
.........drumroll please.........



Gotta love the before and after pics! :)

Had to have beadboard and chunky moulding. Of course.

We installed teeny tiny slate tiles for the flooring.

We searched high and low for the tiniest sink known to man. We finally found the perfect one online at Vintage Tub and Bath. We actually got the matching sink/toilet shipped from the States. I will admit that it was expensive to do, but totally worth it.

For now, we've left the window bare of any window treatments. Nothing will fit because it's such a tiny window! We did add some decorative window film from Home Depot for privacy.
I found this sweet little stool at a local home decor store called Rustic Craft.

The faucet we also ordered from Vintage Tub and Bath in a brushed nickel finish.

We wanted to replace the light fixture with something new but that still matched the character of the house. I love it!

The brushed nickel towel holder is from Home Depot and the hand towel is from Superstore.

We chose this t.p. holder to match the light fixture. Also from Home Depot.

Ooooh, stripy accessories!

Soap pump: Canadian Tire, Tiny plate: Pier One Imports, Plant pot: Ikea

We kept the original door hardware. The bathroom door doesn't have a regular lock from the inside so I used some jute twine to tie the original key around the doorknob.

Hopefully our guests will figure out it's not just for a decoration. Hee hee!

On the inside of the door I have this adorable hanging basket for extra storage.


I had a terrible time trying to find a small, square mirror that would fit the tiny space between the beadboard ledge and the light fixture. Finally, I ended up creating my own by purchasing a (cheap, ugly) picture and replacing the print with a mirror tile from Home Depot. Truthfully, it's not my favourite but it will do for now.

The tiny glass jar was found buried in the front yard when I was planting my first hydrangea shrub. It looks so pretty with a single flower.

And that's our bathroom renovation. Done and done.

P.S. I am in all kinds of love with the paint colour I chose. I'm also using this colour in the breakfast room (stay tuned) because the rooms are side by side. It's a Para Paint colour called Splurge which I found while wandering the aisles at Lowe's. Normally I'm a Benjamin Moore girl but the colour was just so pretty I couldn't resist.

P.S.S. If you couldn't tell from the photos, the room size is slightly less than 5x4 which is uber tiny and so difficult to take pictures in!
Ins't the room fabulous now!! 
This is such a transformation!?
Well, what do you think?

12 comments:

Sônia Pb August 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

You made it wonderful....... great ideas...... perfect details........ it is small but beautiful......congratulations
Sonia

Handbags*and*Pigtails August 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

This is GORGEOUS! Since we're currently remodeling our master bath right now and I love everything about bathrooms at this moment, I linked this over to my blog for today. I hope that was OK.
P.S. TOTALLY know what she meant about handing things through the floor. We had a catastrophe here last night so we were doing the same thing.:(
Sarah
HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

Unknown August 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I love the stool with the tiny little basket! The bathrooms in my house aren't very large, nor do they have underutilized corners, so I'm always looking for tiny ideas that give the illusion of a little more luxury. Great idea.

Judy August 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

SO lovely.. Good job! I gather you're from Canada as you mentioned about having the toilet/sink shipped from the states.. So am I! I find it frustrating at times when I'm unable to order things but I see them online (eg. efaucets won't take a Canadian credit card!) A couple of questions please -- did your beadboard have a tongue and groove? If not, how did you ensure the seams didn't show? (or maybe since your room is small, you didn't need to seam it?) Also, did you paint your beadboard? Before or after installing it? I am wanting to do beadboard on the bottom half of my family room.

Its awesome! Thanks for the pics and all the info of where you bought the items!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. August 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Hi Cassity,

Thank you so much for featuring our bathroom remodel!! I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw the picture in my Google Reader this morning. Hee hee.

Just wanted to add that Alex and I are also waiting to adopt (waiting 1 year 6 months so far). Gotta give a shout out to all of the other adoption-folks!!! :)

To answer a reader's question:

We used panels of beadboard. We hid the seams by using a thin line of paintable caulking where each panel met. We also painted over the beadboard with two coats of Simply White by Benjamin Moore (pearl finish so it would be washable).

Star Talks August 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

LOve it. Great remodel! And I can't believe that is the original door hardware with that gorgeous key!!!! Lucky girl! :)

Belinda August 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

That makes me wish I had a small powder room to re-do! It turned out awesome. Good work!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP