We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

R-epurposed Door to Large Wall Clock DIY

26 August 2010


Rene from Bargain Hoot sent over this very imaginative re-purpose project.  Check out how this old screen door became a cool large format clock:
So recently I purchased an old screen door with a diy project in mind. I saw a clock on a door somewhere, I think it was Dreamy Whites… and thought… what a cute idea. Then I thought to myself, self, you could easily use the Upper Case Living rub on clock face for 39.95 to embellish your door and give away an uppercase living $4o credit to boot!  So here I am today sharing the door info along with the Uppercase expression giveaway. Thank you Judi!!! Not only is Judi a dear friend, but also my Uppercase Living Demonstrator!!. Go check out her UL online catalog herePS: the hands and clock parts are ALL from Uppercase. They are sold in a set for $39.95.
Here is the scoop on the door…. it’s as easy as 1,2,3,…oops 4.
1. Get a door,but not just any door, it has to have a smooth wide enough surface to fit the expression like 23″…Here’s the door and my wonderful husbands hand holding it while I snap the photo. The dilemma with my door, which is somewhat obvious, is that it is a screen door. This could pose a problem to some, but nooo this is an easy peasy fix to all us DIYers (or DIYers whose husbands execute grand ideas of their DIYer wives). Just pop out the screen section and put a piece of wood in its place. ….This leads me to my next photo.
 2. Here is the same door with the screen replaced by a piece of wood. It has been painted and aged with some sanding.
We decided to remove the metal latch. Hmmm, wonder if we should have removed the hinges too…..
Now it is all ready for the clock face… which leads me to number 3.  Note my husbands hand is not in this photo.
 3. Here’s the door after Uppercase Roman numerals are rubbed on (note I didn’t use the whole expression for this project, I left off the large round clock face circle and just used the numbers). You’ll know what I’m talking about if you look at the uppercase website. Look here at the 2010 spring catalog page 102-103
 4. Door complete with Uppercase Living clock face. Photo again without my husbands hand (he’s inside watching the H channel after doing all that work…Thank you honey bunches of oats!!!)…it’s leaning against the house. Why is it outside you ask. Well I have allergy stinky paint issues, so I have to let it dry really really really well before bringing it indoors to its new home. How you likey???
Isn't that such a fun idea?  I love it!

10 comments:

Christina Marie August 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

I love it! Unfortunately I don't have room for a door, but I am going to keep a look out for a nice big frame to use instead! :o)

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes August 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

My husband is a "horologist" (clock/watch collector) and he would love this in his "man room" - such a nice idea for a birthday gift for him! Thank you! I enjoyed my visit today!!

http://oceanbreezesandcountrysneezes.blogspot.com/

Lindy August 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I love it! I happen to have a small "collection" of old doors! I'm in luck...
L.

Tales From My Empty Nest August 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

What a great idea for a clock. Love it!! Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Love the Decor! August 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I think this is a great idea . I have had my eye out for an old chippy door to use as a headboard but I think I may now need 2 : )

Ann @ makethebestofthings August 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I LOVE this project! And I love that you didn't try to hide the fact that it is a door. The clock is just genius, you clever woman.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP