We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Landscape Tour: Guest

08 August 2010

I wanted to show off this beautiful yard that was sent to me by Izzy of  Stone Spirit.  I think the house is beautiful and the landscaping is wonderful- not to mention my pure jealousy over all the beautiful full grown trees!  Wow!  Here is what Izzy had to say:

I decided to start this home tour outside, what better place to start.
So here we all are, standing at the end of the driveway.  
Welcome everyone.


Okay, hope everyone has some water, 
it's currently 99 degrees and very humid.
Here we go, walking down the very long driveway.


The right side of the drive, nearer to the house
used to be lined with Leland Cypresses.
They were all diseased so we had all nine removed.
Robin and his dad built this beautiful fence so that
we would still have a little privacy.
I would take you closer, but the neighbors are usually
out enjoying their pool right now
and I don't particularly want them thinking we are
all pervs as we tour the fence.


We are now approaching the house...


The front flower beds contained pretty much all Boxwoods
and tons and tons and tons of white rock.
Robin and I have worked our asses off removing Boxwood stumps,
a stubborn Crepe Myrtle stump and wheelbarrow after
heavy wheelbarrow of white rock.  
We reused a few bushes that were not of the Boxwood
species and added lots of Sage, Rosemary and Lavender
to bring in the faeries, several Japanese Maples and mulch.
This bed used to only surround the light post, but  
we extended it out to the trees and are 
loving the results.


I know it's insanely hot, but I need to take a break
to see if I have any "before" photos.
Everyone drink some water (or any cold
beverage of your choice)...

Okay, I'm back.  Found some.  Now the landscaping
wasn't too terribly horrible, but Robin and
I just aren't Boxwood and rock kind of people.







On with the tour.  We have several wind chimes 
throughout that sing with the breezes.



Follow me up the sidewalk.
Single file, no dilly dallying...


We just bought this beautiful Pagoda this past weekend.  
Don't think about stealing it, as it weighs
about a billion pounds.


To the left of the stairs, well, as you can see,
we are still working to remove the rock.
Summer came a bit too quick and moving rock
and digging up Boxwoods can not be
done in this heat.  So you'll just have to forgive our mess.


This is our view from the front porch.


Okay, that's about it for the front.  Tomorrow we go inside...


Isn't that Beautiful?  I also love the Japanese Maple!
What do you like most?

3 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style August 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Love the manicured yard. That is how I like to keep ours looking, too. Very pretty and can't wait to see the inside.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP