We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Home Tour of Debbiedoos

09 August 2010

Debbie from Debbiedoos was kind enough to let me share her home tour with you all, here is what she said about her beautiful home:


We never stepped foot in our home until the day we closed on it.  We had only looked through the windows, and saw the interior home layout on paper.  I knew from the minute I stepped on the front porch, this was HOME.  It was not an easy task to get here, but we where determined. It has been a labor of love.  


Although a new built home, there where things we have done to make it unique to our style and what we love.  You will see our style is somewhat unique. We have spent years acquiring just the right pieces, for just the right places.   We entertain often and  have out of town house guests often.  I enjoy nothing more than staying home and enjoying quality time, and creating a warm loving environment for my boys to treasure for years to come.


Welcome.......


When you enter our home the first room you see is our family room.  We love old World style, I would say with a modern twist.  I love it when you do not know what is old and what is new.  Our pieces have meaning and lots of history.  We have enjoyed our hobby together of antiquing and thrifting.




I decided I would bake you some cookies, and have proudly displayed them on my home made tier platter: Idea inspired by:
http://www.thetidynest.com, and also the veggie candle inspired by:http://www.recapturedcharm.com.  Both awesome blogs I would suggest checking out!~




Our kitchen is always undergoing accessory changes.  This season I have incorporated Blues and yellows.  Every room of our home has the same color schemes, however reversed.  I am always borrowing from one room to the other and switching things up for a new look....





I just added a little copper to the kitchen as well.  I have no problem mixing brushed silver and copper, golds, blacks....If I like it I say it works....there is my little home made wine cork trivet, you may view the tutorial
 here......




There is a little snippet of my modge podge project behind the sink you may also view the tutorial
 here.......




From the kitchen it is open to our family room, and this is where most of our square footage is in our home.  Some think our home is much bigger than it is because of the heigth of the 22 foot ceilings, however it is not as large as it appears, but just enough for me to take care of! This is the view from the kitchen island





Now onto our Master bedroom.  This is the most colorful room in the house.  I love the vibrant fun atmosphere, after all aren't we suppose to have fun in there too?? LOL....I have used a warm color pallet throughout our home.  Restoration hardware colors using Benjamin moore paint.  The kitchen and family room are Butter, and our bedroom is cappuccino





These colors just make me smile.....I have used the Better Home and Gardens collection this year purchased  at  Walmart.  The price is right and the quality is unbeatable.  Because I accessory  change seasonally so often in our home, I do everything on a budget.  This summer bedroom redo was around $200.00, which included bedding, sheets, pillows and window treatments.  The window treatments where purchased at pottery barn half price....they where 35.00 a panel and fully lined and great quality as well.



These candle urns I already had from last year, also Better home and Gardens collection.  I used them outside last year,  and thought this year they would go great in our bedroom.  The fun, colorful plates I also had for years and purchased those at Z-gallerie.

The candle hanging over the bench was purchased at Lowes Garden center last year for $30.00.....I love it!

 
Thank you all for taking the time to stop by. I hope you have found inspiration with color and decor choices... 

Such a lovely home!
What did you like most?

11 comments:

Debbiedoos August 9, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

WOW Cassity, I never dreamed it was going to be the full tour...WOWZA thank you ever so much, you made my day!!~:) Have a good one yourself. Debbie

cheeky rose August 9, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

I began following Debbie after getting a peek into her lovely house, and the great thing is, she takes time to source the pieces in her home and define it as her own, thats what I like about her and her house.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} August 9, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

I love Debbie's house and style (and blog!)

Please stop over and enter my $40 csnstores giftcard giveaway if you can!

http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-csn-giveaway.html

-heather

Bonnie@Creative Decorating August 9, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Debbie is great and her house is just beautiful. Such a genuine person and her home reflects her and her family!

Ms. Bake-it August 9, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

I love Debbie's unique style. She has such a zest for life and it is reflected in her home and on her blog.

~ Tracy

Andrea August 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Love the tour! I am so excited to see her bedding. I did a post on those Better Homes & Gardens plates, and now I see that the same pattern is on their bedding. I may just have to go to Walmart today and check it out!! Thanks for sharing!

Renée August 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

What a beautiful home! We have been looking and it is a labor of love to find just the right one...thanks for the fabulous tour. Love the kitchen!

MJ August 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I love Debbie's home. I view it weekly just for kicks because I love her style. She and I have similar likes and I love to see what she does next. She has a great blog, thanks for featuring her....great choice

Kathy August 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Love, love, love Debbie, my favorite thing about Debbie's home is Debbie, truly such a special person and the fact that she has great taste is just icing on the cupcake!

Cynthia August 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Lovely! We chose that same bedding ensemble' for our daughter's new bedroom. Love the colors.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP