We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fresh Peach Dessert or PEACH HEAVEN! And recipe link!

08 August 2010

This week I am actually sharing a recipe, but I haven't taken pictures yet, so I will just have to make this one more time (poor us) and try and get them in here ASAP.

 First a brief history:  Last fall we decided to surprise our families with a visit right after Etta was born.  While we were there we had the baby blessing with all of our friends and family, it was such a wonderful event.  After we had a potluck - YUMMY! and my sister in law, Shirley brought this.  Um people this is THE BEST PEACH DESSERT ON THE PLANET!  And it really takes no time at all to make it.

So here you go:
Peach Heaven
1 large box Vanilla Wafers (I have substituted Animal crackers)

1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 stick of butter (1/2 Cup)
1 beaten egg (substitute milk)

10 Cups Fresh Sliced Peaches
1 Pint Whipping Cream (whipped and sweetened to taste)

Directions:
1. Smash wafers into crumbs, (reserve 1/4 of the crumbs) Sprinkle evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.

2. In a bowl cream together powdered sugar, butter and egg.  (I feel like this could be doubled.... but it adds a lot of calories so your choice.  Also, I am not supposed to be eating raw eggs, so I substituted milk, it is basically a frosting of sorts anyway, you don't want it too wet though, 1/4 cup should be plenty)  Once mixed, put dots of mixture over crumbs and very carefully spread out.  This is not an easy step, because it moved the crumbs so easily which is another reason doubling it might be helpful!

3. Slice all your peaches, I left the skins on cause I like them, but that is a personal preference remove them if desired.  Layer them all over the "frosting" layer, nice and thick! 

4. Cover all with whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining crumbs!  This is best if it has been in the fridge for a few hours, although I will admit, the first time I made it I didn't wait ten minutes to eat it, and I still loved it!

That is it!  Enjoy!  If you try this, you will love it, I promise!  And it is so easy, your kids could help you make it. 





2 comments:

Anonymous August 8, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Your peach dessert sounds wonderful! Easy and delicious and a perfect summer dessert. I can't wait to see the pics (or maybe I'll just have to make for myself, lol).

Tales From My Empty Nest August 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

This does sound wonderful and so easy. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP