We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Eggplant and Mozzarella Melt Sandwiches

29 August 2010

I am taking the day easy (it's Saturday and I am not in the mood to blog!!), and so I am showing a recipe that I am going to try to make tonight... if I get to the grocery store, if not I will make it this week because I absolutely love eggplant, and I love mozzarella, so what could be better than a combo of the two.

This recipe is from Martha's dinner email...

Eggplant and Mozzarella Melt

Oh, holy cow!  Doesn't that look good?!?

Eggplant Mozzarella Melts
Serves 4


  • 2 large eggs
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 3/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
  • Olive oil, for baking sheet
  • 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
  • 1 loaf (8 ounces) soft Italian bread
  • 2 cups store-bought tomato sauce
  • 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced





  • Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread breadcrumbs in a pie plate or shallow bowl.




    Oil a rimmed baking sheet. Dip eggplant rounds in egg, then dredge in breadcrumbs, turning to coat completely; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake (without turning) until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.



    Meanwhile, split bread lengthwise, and place cut side up on another baking sheet; press gently in centers to create a well. Layer both halves with tomato sauce, eggplant, and cheese. Bake until cheese is browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes.


    Pictures from Martha's site

    Read more at Marthastewart.com: Eggplant and Mozzarella Melt Recipe - MarthaStewart.com 


    4 comments:

    Julie August 29, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

    Thanks for hosting! The eggplant recipe looks yummy, anything with that much cheese can't be bad. :)

    the thrifty ba August 29, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

    i love eggplant! we ate it alot growing up and i need to start doing that again!

    Create With Joy August 29, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

    Hi,

    This is my first visit to your blog (I discovered you today thru Brenda's Canadaian Kitchen) and my first time participating in your Recipe Swap as well!

    All of the recipes look so delicious - I can't wait to go and visit the blogs!

    I have signed on as a new follower, and I invite you to join me at Create With Joy as well!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    Post a Comment

    I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

    Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

    Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

    Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
    Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

    Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

    From Here to Eternity

      © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP