We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

DIY Kitchen Art from Family Recipe Cards, Guest

29 August 2010

Cha Cha over at Sit Relax and Read wanted to share how she displayed old recipes, and when I saw this I thought "What a great idea!"... I think it would be fun to see those treasured family recipes in your mother's or grandmother's handwriting, in fact I might have to get my dad to write out his favorites too!  So fun!

Cha Cha:
I have had an idea floating around in this crazy head of mine for a couple of years.
Finally, I have gotten busy and started working on it.
You see it all started when I was looking through my recipes one day and found I had a recipe card from each of my grandmothers and one from Hubby's Granny.
I knew they could NOT just continue to live closed up in a recipe book.
But I wasn't sure what to do with them.



Well, I wasn't sure until my sweet friend (more about that here) move to SoCal and brought me a huge stack of empty frames.

Suddenly, I knew what I wanted to do with them.


I got busy painting the frames the same color as my kitchen cabinets.


Found some pretty scrapbook paper

Glued it to the frame backs and then glued the recipes onto that.

Put the frames back together and this is what I have




I love how each of the recipe cards are different.  I thought I knew exactly where I was going to hang these but........................ that of course has changed now, so I can not show you the finished product yet because I have more to do.  More frames to paint more scrapbook paper to buy...

What a fun way to display and remember the family recipes that you love.  I know that I have lots of fond memories of certain foods and the loved ones that made them.

3 comments:

Unknown August 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

Oh, I love that! I'm going to go tell Cha Cha what a great idea that is. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP