We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Chevron Pattern Painted Wall

30 August 2010

Melissa at Veranda Interiors worked up a way to do a chevron pattern painted wall.


So I decided on a Chevron pattern for the half wall in the stairwell, it was a bit more work than the stripes but so much fun and I just love it, especially the color, Pratt & Lambert French Blue.


IMG_5456.jpg picture by mamanzardo


Here is the terrible 'Before' pic from when we first took possession of the cabin. Unfortunately you can't see the nasty stained carpet that was on the stairwell, why is it we
never take great 'Before' images??


n656745200_2863492_8415.jpg picture by mamanzardo

I found THIS link when searching for easy ways to get the template down for the pattern. After starting with the first row I then got out the level and started taping off each line, then simply cutting out the sections that were not needed.
Needless to say there was some trial and error till I got my grove.
 IMG_5452.jpg picture by mamanzardo


Here is the 'After' pic. We still need to hang all of the art work that I have collected for the upper portion of the wall and finish accessorizing the area, but it is getting there. A bit of paint and some penitence has really helped transform the once blah area into a fun space...

 n656745200_2863492_8415.jpg picture by mamanzardo   IMG_5457-1.jpg picture by mamanzardoAll images my own

Now I am going to try and convince Rob to take down the light so I can paint the metal parts bright red...but I will not hold my breath on that one since it is less than a year old. 

Hope your weekend was filled with laughter, enjoy your day!! Mel :)


Way cool chevron pattern painted wall!  


I love that look.  What a fun idea!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP