We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Metallic Painted Side End Table

30 August 2010

Want a metallic painted side/ end table for a change? 
 Lisa at Recaptured Charm painted her night stands metallic.  See how cool they are.


I’ve officially entered my “metallic” phase.
The Metallic Gold Vanity/Dresser sold before I even had the chance to list it. (Thank you Rosemary & Sara).
My next project was a set of night stands/end tables, that I then had a request to do in metallic silver. I eagerly obliged!
I’ve run amok with metallic paint.
This is what they look like in their original condition
nightstandsendtables_002
Not bad little tables really.  But not without signs of obvious wear and tear.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 002
In addition to all the scuffs and scrapes, the marble had scratches and coffee cup rings, and yet I chose to cover up the marble as if to protect it for some reason.  I knew it wasn’t going to match the new metallic look, but I thought, what the heck.. maybe I can work some magic later on.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 005
First start with a coat of primer.  Then on to two coats of metallic silver.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 007
I mixed up a batch of antique glaze.  I used Lowes brand, Valspar Antique glaze, but I added a little more clear glaze to it to thin it out and spread the color a little thinner.  Below are drawers, one unglazed and the glazed one on the right.  In my opinion metallic paint on it's own can be overwhelmingly bright, so I always tone it down with glaze.  This application gave the piece a stainless steel look.
Paint on the glaze then wipe it down with a damp rag. 
Silver Metallic Night Stands 011
I also dry brush it all over to really smooth and even out the glaze.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 010a
Silver Metallic Night Stands 013
As you can see below, the top section has been glazed the bottom has not.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 014a
This has been finished all over.Silver Metallic Night Stands 021a
And as expected the marble just looks BLAHHHHHHH
Silver Metallic Night Stands 026a

Time for a change.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 030a
As for the hardware, I really wanted glass knobs, but that was not meant to be.  The doors were too close together to allow for any knobs at all, so I worked with the originals but sprayed them a pewter color.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 034-horz
And of course… the after shots. There are two tables, but we’ll show one.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 047a
Silver Metallic Night Stands 053a

With the addition of the mirror on top, this piece has been brought back to life.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 061aSilver Metallic Night Stands 065a
Silver Metallic Night Stands 048ajpg Silver Metallic Night Stands 045a
Silver Metallic Night Stands 059a

Unfortunately for me, they’re spoken for.
Silver Metallic Night Stands 063a
Thanks for reading!

Very fancy in deed!  How about a metallic painted side end table for a change.  
Can you say Bling! Bling!

10 comments:

Star Talks August 30, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Wow, these end tables look so great. I would have never considered a metallic look, but I LOVE it! Great job. And the glass looks great on top, too. :)

Recaptured Charm August 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Cassity
You have no idea what a thrill I get to be featured on your site!! Thank you so much for finding this project interesting enough to feature. Much appreciated!
Lisa

Biljana August 30, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Great job, It looks fantastic, bravo:))))
Greetings from Europe, Biljana

Lindsay Hosanna August 30, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Bling Bling for sure! I love it! So beautiful! So fun! You did a great job :)

http://homelifestyldesign.blogspot.com

So Sunny Day August 30, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

wowie! I love how different it looks. Who would ever guess that was the before look of such a lovely piece :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Betty Bake August 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

wow that is sooo well done :)
very nice :)

Betty Bake
http://bettybakeblog.blogspot.com

Dayna October 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

These are gorgeous! Did you spray paint the metallic silver or use a brush? Can I ask what brand and specific color? Thanks!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP