We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Bright Play Room For Kids; Guest

15 July 2010

I saw this lovely playroom for kids on The Perfectly Imperfect Life and had to ask if I could show if off.  I love the colors and storage.  Check it out:


DSC_1706-2
They’re done!  The day bed and the play room are (mostly) done! 
I actually used the comforter from my bed and the pillows from my girls’ beds, so the bedrooms look a bit of a mess, but hey, maybe I’ll decide to keep it this way and get a new comforter for MY room!
Let me give you a tour.  You’ve seen the day bed, but here it is again.  Doesn’t it look nice?
DSC_1724
Mr. Harry sure thinks so…
DSC_1725
I also grabbed the curtains from the girls’ room and the little boxes that used to hang in my kitchen.  Those boxes were definitely a Eureka! moment.  I was driving down the road, chewing on what I could put there when I realized that the boxes were sitting in the garage doing nothing, but if I were to hang them in the play room, I would have a great little place to put all the girls’ 3-dimensional art work and doo-dads!
DSC_1708DSC_1707  
And, speaking of art work!  I finished the art wall.  Generally, Thing 1 produces reams of art work each day, but I actually had to harangue her a bit to actually get the wall filled in (and you can see there are actually still two frames empty).
DSC_1718
DSC_1732
   DSC_1713 

Usually, when I hang frames, I just eyeball it and move them around until I like where they end up.  Which leaves a lot of holes in the wall.  This time, I actually did the responsible, mature thing and created templates and taped them to the wall.  This turned out to be a really smart thing to do because my original plan turned out to require drastic re-working. 
I’ve seen a few bloggers do the template thing, but I might just post on it myself because I ran into a few gotchas that might be good to share.
In addition to the art work, I put up baby pictures of each of us.  Aren’t we cute?
DSC_1729DSC_1730
You may have noticed that you’ve only really seen one side of the room.  The left wall has a white board and a chalk board.  I still have some things I want to do with that, so that’s not going to be shared yet.
The wall opposite the bed holds this:    
DSC_1719
Notice that the door doesn’t shut all the way?  That’s because it looks like this on the inside:

DSC_1720
Actually, it was even worse on the inside.  I had to remove a bunch of stuff to even be able to open the doors.  I think that’s going to be next week’s project.  Should be fun!

But that’s messy.  Let’s finish with something nicer…
DSC_1706-2

Ahhh…ready for my sister’s visit.

I love the day bed, the colors and the art work!  What do you love about this play room?  Do you have any play rooms to show off?

3 comments:

Terri-Lynn July 15, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I love the cheerful colours, the kids art display, and all that amazingly organized toy/stuff storage. Brilliant!!!

Ashley July 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Great room! I had a daybed growing up and I loved it. I think the baby pictures of you in the room is cute too. I might steal that idea!

Bobbie July 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Colorful, happy rooms result in bright, cheerful children. Love this room and all the vibrant colors! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP