We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Worth the Wait Kitchen Update: Guest

21 June 2010

K + B at K + B Adventures in Renovating  have done a nice job with their kitchen update.  It looks like it was worth the wait.




I suppose the headline can be misleading in that as many of you know, our kitchen did not come together in one day.  Not even 100 or 200 days... Lets say from the first slam of a sledgehammer to the installation of running water was closer to 236 days.  I will add that we only lived in the house for 206 of those days.  Is that better? Anyway, the point is, that it's done and I'm beyond super happy. 

I must say all the blood, sweat, nasty phone calls, destroyed plans, heartbreak and tears have all been worth it. 

I like to look at the Before pictures because they remind me of less better days.  My camera ate all the good ones so this is all we have.  OOps.





This is a picture from the living room before we moved in... you can see how low the cabinets hung and also the beauty of a chandelier.


After:














Clearly the biggest flaw in the kitchen is that we dont have enough wine in the shelf.  

For those of you that care, we're hacking away at the budget breakdown. I think with all our secret ninja money saving tricks and my ability to cry on command, we came out over budget but under wayyyy over budget.  Make sense?  No? Ok it doesn't matter.  I'll tell you how much money we blew once we locate a calculator.














Unfortunately remodeling does takes time.  I completely understand.  Especially when you are like us by, saving money, raising a family and doing it yourself.  It looks like it was worth the wait though.  I can't wait to start on ours.

Would you wait for something this nice?  

5 comments:

GlitteryGlitz June 21, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

This is GORGEOUS! So worth the wait, the money and the blood, sweat and tears.

Unknown June 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

What a great transformation! I can only imagine how difficult it was to get this done. Buy some more wine {try Moscato!} and fill up your wine rack and enjoy!

Tales From My Empty Nest June 21, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

What a great job, even if it did take a long time. So worth the wait. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP