We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

33 Shade of Green Home Tour

21 June 2010

I'm so excited to be here at Remodelaholic to take you on a tour of my home. Thank you Cassity for having me (and giving me a reason to clean my house, top to bottom!). Please come and visit me at my blog 33 Shades of Green. You'll find me cooking, crafting, decorating, and trying out all sorts of creative projects.
.
I live in a condo that is 4 years old.  When I purchased the condo it was framed in and ready for drywall.  The floor plan was pretty well set, so I didn't make any changes there, but the finishes and materials were all custom selected by me. 
.
Below is a photo of my back hall.  The garage entry is off of this hallway.  To the right are the laundry room and half bath. .
. The floor is 12" x 12" tiles of natural slate from Daltile.  Paint color is Benjamin Moore; Texas Leather AC-3.  I used this in the back hall, foyer, and master bath & closet.  This is now one of my all time favorite colors.  It's a perfect neutral - not too warm, and not too cool.  I especially love how it looks against the white woodwork & wainscoting. . To the left of the back garage door is a little nook. .
. Here's the half bath.  .
.
Paint color is Benjamin Moore; Georgian Brick HC-50.
.
. At the end of the hall is the kitchen.  My kitchen, dining room and living room are all one open space.  I can see everything from the kitchen. .
. The wood floor is bamboo. Paint color is Benjamin Moore; Huntington Beige HC-21. .
.
.
I don't like to keep a lot out on the kitchen counters but one thing that must stay out is this salt & pepper set I bought in Positano, Italy.
.
.
.
The three stools came from Pottery Barn.  I like how the warm honey tone picks up on the warm tones in the bamboo floor.
.
.
I love keeping fresh flowers in the kitchen - makes the whole room look better!  These came from the farmers market this weekend.
.
.
.
Here's the view to the foyer and the stairs to the lower level.
.
.
View from  foyer towards half bath.
.
.
This is a view of my living room.
.
.
Just off of the living room is the screen porch.  During the summer, this becomes another room in my house.  I love spending time out here.
.
.
The patio set came from Pier One several years ago; the coffee table is from Target; the outdoor rug is from Grandin Road.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK, now we are back inside and heading down to the lower level.
.
.
Originally I planned on having a carpet runner on the stairs, but once I saw the bamboo installed I decided not to cover it up.
.
. The first thing you see downstairs is the bar - makes for some great parties! .
.
 . Paint color on the lower level is Benjamin Moore; Decatur Buff HC-38. .
.
Also on the lower level is my home office.  Both the desk and wall shelves are from IKEA.  The tall shelf unit came from Target, and the back side chairs are vintage Herman Miller Eames chairs I bought at a school garage sale for $5 each!
.
.
.
.
.
. Next up is my craft room.  The paint color is Benjamin Moore; Golden Straw 2152-50.  The table is an old architect's drafting table I got from work a few years back.  It really needs to be refinished but I still love it!  The shelving unit was an entertainment center from IKEA that I used in my last house.  I was glad to put it to use in my craft room!  The drafting table sits where the TV used to be.  .
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Well, that's it!  Thanks for touring my home today.  If you have any questions or would like to know more, stop by and visit me at 33 Shades of Green.

18 comments:

Shopper Gal June 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Loved the home tour... the house is gorgeous. One question: can I move it?!? :)-

love the beautiful paint colors and that office was so cute!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Kerri June 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Beautiful home...thanks for the tour! I would LOVE hanging out on your porch!

Stephanie June 21, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Oh my goodness! I'll be looking at these pictures for days to come - I love your home!!! So beautiful and classy - just perfect!

And one funny little question - do you know what kind of plant that is you have outside with the large green leaves with pink in the center... I feel like I should know this but I don't and NOW I WANT ONE =)

Anonymous,  June 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

What a beautiful home! I love the basket weave backsplash in the kitchen! Such a statement without being overwhelming. In LOVE!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape June 21, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

I absolutely love all the little details that make your house a beautiful home. Thank you very much for showing us!

Unknown June 21, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

I love the white and black cabinets in the kitchen. I wanted all black cabinets but was afraid it would be too dark. I think the white breaks it up.

Tales From My Empty Nest June 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Great house. Loved the tour! Your craft room is awesome. Love & blessings from NC!

Wondermom A June 22, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

Greetings from a fellow blogger in Manila, Philippines. I love the house of 33Shades of Green, particularly the kitchen, screen porch and craft room. It is tastefully and warmly decorated. Because you inspired me so much, I decided to blog about it at http://wondermomjourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/home-inspiration-33-shades-of-green.html
Goodluck on your future remodelaholic projects!

diane @ a spot of whimsy June 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

so cool to see these pictures and pick out the little projects you've features on 33 shades, ali! beautiful home :)

Cara@TheSheetBoutique June 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

I love the bathroom color. Bold and elegant. Love the fabric covered chair in the home office.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP