We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Teenage Bedroom Cleanup: Guest

21 June 2010

Pam at DIY Design Fanatic has a nice way of cleaning up. Check out these pictures.



I showed you a sneak peek of this room & the before awhile back in this post. If you noticed I only showed you parts of the room because it was still a huge mess & I was working on some projects for it. Well, I'm still working on some projects for it, but it is FINALLY cleaned up ... at least for now. We may put a note on the door (when we show the house) that says "Beware: A Teenager Lives In Here"! 

This is the Before:
Lovely : /

I finally put up the artwork that are actually 4 placemats. I spray painted 2 of them chrome which is extremely difficult to use. The wall paint is Valspar Satin - Lucent Purple

I even got her to clear off the top of the chest :)   See how pretty it is?

She told me today that she doesn't like  iron "Dream" chotchkey. It's been there for months! If she persists, I will put it in the office because the tag is no longer attached to it.


I'm not thrilled with this corner. I will explain the stool later...hint: she needs it for the armoire. Several months ago I found the most quirky purple chair at HomeGoods that would look great in this corner. Did I buy it? No. Someone put it on hold while I was thinking about it. Still kicking myself. Will probably move the origami mobile that is over the bed to this corner.
Mr. Fanatic is going to make some doohickeys that will raise the bed about 3 inches since it is a little low... and I still have to make a bedskirt from an extra panel I bought when  the curtains were purchased at Target. We bought  the supplies to make something over the bed. I hope I can do this on Saturday. I would like to make a headboard, as well, but that is on the bottom of the list.

This is what we are using to make the artwork for above the bed. Since we will be moving (hopefully), I thought it could be put on some mdf painted the same color of the wall. This way we can take it with us.

And, of course, I am still working on the inside of the armoire, but it is functional.
Overall, her bedroom is functional & clean  - for the moment. Hopefully  she will keep it this way.

Thanks for stopping by,
Pam



Wow! What a great MOM to help clean up her daughters room like that.  
What do you like about it?

9 comments:

Project Mom June 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

so creative what you did with the placemats! I never would have thought to spray paint them...until now :)

Prior June 21, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

It looks very clean! The wall color is so pretty and I like your place mat art! lezlee

Shopper Gal June 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Can you come over and clean out my teenage daughter's room.. PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZ? :)
I liked the wall applications and how tidy it looked!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic June 21, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

Cassity, thanks for featuring my daughter's bedroom! I really had fun with her room & can't wait to finish the remaining projects!

Anne June 21, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

I love the iron dream thing. I will buy it off you! It is yummy! And those cant possibly be placemats! They look great! Good job!

Tales From My Empty Nest June 21, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

The room looks great!!! Love all that you have done. I am in the process of re-doing my daughters bedroom too. We have painted the room and I am now repainting an old bedroom suite. It is looking good, but just takes time. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP