We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wisteria Walkway Love! Guest

22 June 2010

When I saw this, I knew I had to ask if I could share it with you all it is from the blog Scravings and Eileen's husband built this, she said this: "Incidentally, for the first seven years we were married, he didn't even own a hammer! He's actually a dentist and after a long day of drilling on tiny little spaces, he's found the perfect way to relax is to build big things!" Lucky Girl, I'd start buying some more tools and making big honey-do lists!



How Lyle spent his Saturday....




....finishing the wisteria walkway.


No matter how many times I've said, "This is the coolest thing you've ever built,"
he manages to top it.




And so really, this time I'm sure.  This is absolutely the coolest thing he's ever built.  
These pictures are just a sneak peek.  Without the vines, it looks naked.




Over on the front porch, the Autumn Sunset climbing rose is blooming early.
Way early.
It's Rose's rose and always blooms for her birthday in June.
This year it's hitting its peak in May.


Over on the dining trellis, we have our very first blooms on the Cecile Brunner climber.


Baby doll pink is usually last on my list of color choices,
but I'll admit that these are the most adorable little flowers I've ever seen.
The wood on this trellis is also cedar, built just one year ago.
We've let it weather naturally and I love the muted gray color.  
It doesn't fight with the white colored house and lets the vines take center stage.
We'll do the same thing with the wisteria walkway.
The thought of painting that beast makes my arm tired.

Don't you think it is totally lovely?  
I would love to have something like that in my backyard!

11 comments:

Lisa June 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Perfect! It is going to be amazing when the wisteria starts growing on it -you'll have to post some more pics then.

Tales From My Empty Nest June 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Wow, what a talented husband that gal has. She is one lucky lady. I love that walkway and don't you know it will be gorgeous with all the wisteria growing on it. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Robyn June 22, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

THAT is an absolutely GORGEOUS piece! SHE's a lucky lady! GREAT JOB!

Melissa June 23, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Wow!!! I would so love something along those lines in my backyard. Oh, I'm green with envy! ;)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP