We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

New and Improved Craft Room: Guest

22 June 2010

Heather at Straight Stitches has done some great straightening up in her craft room. 






Well she's done. FIN.ALL.Y!

It was lots of work, but I want to thank Stephen for helping me out with the room and with watching the kids. I am so happy that I have the space cleaned up, personalized and organized. I can now start sewing up all those pillow slipcovers I keep talking about selling. I've gotten 2 done....I think I need more than that. ;-)

The stripes on the wall are from Oooops paint from Lowe's and the shelves are not the sturdiest, but they'll do for now, or until I add clamps to them and secure them to the wall. All in all I think I spent about $150, mostly storage bins and the like for this room.


So without further ado - On to the show!

So this was the original plan. Things changed slightly. I do still want a new sewing table, but I was working with what I had mostly.  

View from the door
The old setup.
View from the door. We attached an over-the-door ironing board to the wall to save on floor space. Steve cut out notches on some left over 2x4 and mounted it on the wall, twice. After I painted it, I put  it back up and then it fell. He fixed it. 

The sewing table will be getting replace with a sawhorse desk. I found luaun doors at Lowe's that are 24" x 84" for $21. Can't wait to get started on that, but I need to finish some other things first. :) 
My pretty-fied computer area. Hopefully I'll be replacing that original wishblade with a new silhouette soon. 
6 of those bins are patterns. I need to get more bins, because some of them are full. Luckily these were on clearance at Lowe's for $2.41 a piece. Score! 
I got the idea for the bin labels from a pretty cool life. I love the bit of whimsy it adds. 
I also thought this quote was appropriate over my work desk.
I like this saying. It might be one of my new favorite quotes. Don't mind the grocery receipt in the corner. :) 
Hopefully now I will be more productive and not as antsy feeling in my craft room. I really was getting bugged by the mess. :) 

Nice touch with the stripes, I do love them!  How do you like it?  Doesn't it make you want to start organizing?


4 comments:

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces June 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Thats an organized space love it..I like working in that!
hey i am opening a store ..shoe string budget for a reception desk(40"max space)
any cool easy diy ideas??

Tales From My Empty Nest June 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

I just bought some oops paint last night at Home Depot for 50 cents for some future projects. Can't beat that price. Love your stripes and how well the room turned out. I am in the process of fixing up my craft/sewing/computer room. Can't wait until it is done. Hubby is painting it this weekend. Enjoy your "new" room. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP